Trinkey QT2040

For Adafruit customers who seek help with microcontrollers

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
thestumbler

Trinkey QT2040

Post by thestumbler »

A couple questions. First, I realize normal use of the Stemma QT connector is for I2C. But… I see the I2C pins used (GPIO 16/17) are also available for UART0 on the RP2040. Has anyone else abused the Stemma QT connector to make it do serial?

Secondly, the feature page for the Trinkey QP2040 says that a MicroPython build is also available. But when I check the MP repository, there isn’t one. The QTPY2040 is close, although that module uses different I2C pins than the Trinkey QP20404. If one tried to use that MP build it wouldn’t work.

I can quickly spin a MP version for the Trinkey, but if there is already an official one out there, I’d like to use it (as a starting point for my project).

-Chris “The Stumbler” Lott
Sacheon, South Korea

adafruit_support_mike

Re: Trinkey QT2040

Post by adafruit_support_mike »

We haven't overridden the STEMMA connection for Serial, but as you say, it's possible. Just make sure you don't connect it to any I2C devices.

I'll check on the MicroPython port for that board.

adafruit2

Post by adafruit2 »

oops i think that is a copy paste, but if you make a version we're happy to link to it! tbh im pretty sure you can use any of the Adafruit RP2040 board definitions since we use the same flash memory on all boards (8 MB W28Q64)

thestumbler

Post by thestumbler »

adafruit2 wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 11:22 am oops i think that is a copy paste, but if you make a version we're happy to link to it! tbh im pretty sure you can use any of the Adafruit RP2040 board definitions since we use the same flash memory on all boards (8 MB W28Q64)
Yeah. It’ll be easy. The pinout for the connector is different but that’s trivial to edit and rebuild. I’ll follow up when I’ve done it I’m case others are interested.
Thanks

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Microcontrollers”