Are the red errors correct?

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Forum rules
If you're posting code, please make sure your code does not include your Adafruit IO Active Key or WiFi network credentials.
gallaugher

Are the red errors correct?

Post by gallaugher »

Hi,
When creating a Momentary Button block I notice there's an option for "Release Value" that says "Leave This Field Blank to Not Send Anything When the Button is Released."
It seems it's impossible to leave the field blank - AIO interface requires at least one character in the field. But I've added a space character & when I print a message I don't see anything, so I assume that it works as advertised but for a blank space rather than leaving the field blank, BUT the AIO dashboard will then show a red error at the top when a button with a blank space in the "released" field is released. The message states:
"MQTT ERROR: error saving data on profgallaugher/feeds/sounds-feed, data missing required value".
Is this expected & currently something that needs to be fixed in the AIO web dashboard interface, or am I doing something wrong. Thanks for advice!
John
blank block setting.png
blank block setting.png (193 KiB) Viewed 234 times
red-warning.png
red-warning.png (92.42 KiB) Viewed 234 times

jwcooper

Re: Are the red errors correct?

Post by jwcooper »

This appears to be a regression. I've filed an issue internally and we'll work on getting it fixed. Thanks for reporting!

Forum rules
If you're posting code, please make sure your code does not include your Adafruit IO Active Key or WiFi network credentials.

Return to “Internet of Things: Adafruit IO and Wippersnapper”