Setting up Circuit Python

Please tell us which board you are using.
For CircuitPython issues, ask in the Adafruit CircuitPython forum.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
rcassoni

Setting up Circuit Python

Post by rcassoni »

Hello, I am trying to get Circuit Python onto my Metro M4 Express. I updated the bootloader to v3.15.0 and am trying to load the latest stable version of Circuit Python onto it with the following:

adafruit-circuitpython-metro_m4_express-en_US-8.0.5.uf2

I am successfully in bootload mode, can see the METROM4BOOT folder and files CURRENT.UF2, INDEX, and INFO_UF2. When I drag the file above into this directory, it give me a warning shown in the attachment. When I proceed, it leaves bootload mode, but it never creates a directory called CIRCUITPY - it just disconnects. When I reenter bootload mode, the file is not located in there. I should point out that this is on a work computer with CROWD STRIKE controls, etc. so that may be impacting but not sure. I am supposed to have exemption to allow for the METRO device, but still getting periodic CROWD STRIKE warnings. I am not sure if I am doing something wrong or if it has anything to do with the CROWD STRIKE controls. Appreciate any help.
upload warning.png
upload warning.png (12.37 KiB) Viewed 112 times
crowd strike warning.png
crowd strike warning.png (47.69 KiB) Viewed 112 times

dastels

Re: Setting up Circuit Python

Post by dastels »

I don't know what CROWD STRIKE is but it sounds like some corporate paranoia app. It does sound like that's to blame.

Dave

rcassoni

Re: Setting up Circuit Python

Post by rcassoni »

Yes - unfortunately it is exactly that. I was able to work with our IT and it did turn out to be the Crowd Strike. It is working now.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Metro, Metro Express, and Grand Central Boards”