Question on Larger Solderless Breadboard (443)

For other supported Arduino products from Adafruit: Shields, accessories, etc.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
mspring

Question on Larger Solderless Breadboard (443)

Post by mspring »

I am interested in your Large Solderless Breadboard (Item 443) and want to know if they are built out with your Premium breadboard product (Item 239)? I already own the Premium half version and really like the extreme ease of adding components with varying diameter pins! Please advise.

adafruit2

Re: Question on Larger Solderless Breadboard (443)

Post by adafruit2 »

they are not - we're working on getting versions with the nicer springs but have not been successful yet. so no ETA

mspring

Re: Question on Larger Solderless Breadboard (443)

Post by mspring »

So i have begun using the Premium breadboards and they are a blessing and a curse. They make it VERY easy to insert wire or pins, but i believe it is too easy and the conductor is not making very good contact below. Resistors for example with very thin diameter feel so loose when inserted, i'm afraid they will pull out simply by blowing on them. I use my continuity meter and measure at various points on the breadboard for the + and - rails and am getting higher ohm readings with the Premium board then with my other 'tighter' boards. I should be close to 0-1 ohm. I am getting more like 6-10 ohms. When i push lightly on the jumper wires that connect all of the + and - rails together, the ohms drop down towards 1-2ohms which tells me my pressure is providing better contact. Please advise here. Thanks.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Other Arduino products from Adafruit”