Android Hotspot for ESP32 S2 Metro?

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Forum rules
If you're posting code, please make sure your code does not include your Adafruit IO Active Key or WiFi network credentials.
esus

Android Hotspot for ESP32 S2 Metro?

Post by esus »

Has anyone successfully connected an ESP32 S2 Metro M4 to an Android Personal Hotspot for use with I / O feeds?

NEO PIXEL turns straight yellow.

esus

Re: Android Hotspot for ESP32 S2 Metro?

Post by esus »

Update: I erased the uf2.bin file and the whole flash drive, reinstalled as per instructions and got a slightly different result.

When I reset the device after dragging nd dropping wipper and secrets file I got 3 yellow NEO ixel pulses and then a flashing green light about once every 5 seconds.

However it hasn't connected to the hotspot and it hasn't showed up in I/O feeds.

brubell
Learn User Page

Re: Android Hotspot for ESP32 S2 Metro?

Post by brubell »

Hi, I am trying to help figure this out so bear with me.

Are you trying to use WipperSnapper on the ESP32-S2 Metro?
Are you trying to connect the ESP32-S2 Metro, running WipperSnapper, to your mobile hotspot?

With the ESP32-S2 Metro connected to your computer via USB, could you open the WIPPER drive on your computer. On that drive, the secrets.json file should contain your WiFi network credentials and Adafruit IO credentials. Please verify that they are correct.

Forum rules
If you're posting code, please make sure your code does not include your Adafruit IO Active Key or WiFi network credentials.

Return to “Internet of Things: Adafruit IO and Wippersnapper”