ESP32 NEOPIXEL Newbie questions - help please

General project help for Adafruit customers

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
nikodemd

ESP32 NEOPIXEL Newbie questions - help please

Post by nikodemd »

Hi everyone!

I am working on my first project and I would like to build a "screen" from 8 NEOPIXEL strips. In fact, I have already built one with the more dense strips, and it didn't work :( therefore, I would really appreciate some help with the following questions:

1. How thick should be the RED 5V and BLACK GROUND wire in the sketch? In my first attempt, I used a thick cable which was a pain in my as*holes to solder to the LED strips. In fact, I think I damaged the neopixel strips in the process and that's why it didn't work later (enclosed is a picture of one of the damaged strips and the cable size I used). Therefore this time I am trying a less dense version of the Neopixel strip with bigger soldering copper areas to work with :)
2. I have plugged in my (new) strip before cutting it into Arduino, and it does not have enough memory to run all LED's with the "noise" sketch. Therefore I bought some ESP32, but I read that the DATA is in 3,3V. Do I need to buy this 3,3v - 5v signal converter?
3. Do I need some resistors here? Is my sketch legit?
4. In the grand schematic of things I would like to use temperature and sound sensors to alter the perlin noise code. Do I need to buy some extra stuff or just the sensors are fine?

I will appreciate any help and feedback!

Best regards,
Niko
Attachments
img4.jpeg
img4.jpeg (426.26 KiB) Viewed 34 times
img1.jpeg
img1.jpeg (1008.06 KiB) Viewed 34 times
Sketch ESP.png
Sketch ESP.png (458.5 KiB) Viewed 34 times

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “General Project help”