8-Channel PWM or Servo FeatherWing - with other processors

Breakout boards, sensors, other Adafruit kits, etc.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
smayo

8-Channel PWM or Servo FeatherWing - with other processors

Post by smayo »

This product seems designed to bolt onto a Feather. I need to use it with a different Arduino (ESP8266). Before I buy a handful, I want to make sure that I only need to hook up 3v3 power and ground, 5v power (using the same ground), the 2 I2C lines - and all other connections (except the outputs) can be ignored. The writeup is very Feather specific.

To be clear, I want to use the outputs to drive a ULN2803 to run high power LEDs; I assume the outputs will have no problem there.

If there's a different product that just has the required connectors for operation (power, i2c, outputs) in a more compact, breadboard friendly layout, that would be ideal. I'd like at least 8 channels of PWM, 12 bit resolution, 3v3 I2C input, outputs that can drive a ULN20803 and a PWM rate of between 100Hz and 1000Hz, ideally settable. This board seems to have all that, I'm just wondering if it comes in any smaller, more generic configuration.

Thanks!

adafruit_support_bill

Re: 8-Channel PWM or Servo FeatherWing - with other processors

Post by adafruit_support_bill »

That board should work for you. We also have basic breakout board using the same PCA9685 PWM chip, but with all 16 channels brought out: https://www.adafruit.com/product/815

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Other Products from Adafruit”