Arduino Newbie / WiFi

Post here about your Arduino projects, get help - for Adafruit customers!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
K7TXA

Arduino Newbie / WiFi

Post by K7TXA »

Hi - I’ve been an RPi used for years but now am branching out into the world of Arduino. I want to build a touch-screen device to allow WiFi sending of macros to a ham radio transceiver.

Since I know extremely little about Arduino I ordered a Dr.Duino Experimenter kit (sorry about using the competition) and awaiting its arrival. Anyway, I know it does not come with anything that supports WiFi, but it should be a good learning tool. When I am proficient enough in C I’m wondering what board would be good for me to use in my project? In addition to WiFi capability I will also need some sort of small touch screen display that I can program to have multiple “fields” to select, depending on what command I want to send to the radio.

Suggestions?

mikeysklar

Re: Arduino Newbie / WiFi

Post by mikeysklar »

Take a look at the Touch Deck guide. It is CircuitPython based and does not have WiFi, but might be the kind of interface you are looking to design.

The PyPortal would also be a good choice for a all-in-one controller + WiFi + touch screen display with many guides on this topic.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Arduino”