Order history spreadsheet

Get help, and assist others in with open source kits and running a business! Do not ask for legal advice or for consulting services in this forum, only general biz questions!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Forum rules
Get help, and assist others in with open source kits and running a business! Do not ask for legal advice or for consulting services in this forum, only general biz questions!
westfw

Order history spreadsheet

Post by westfw »

So... I've been trying to keep track of the various parts, boards, and equipment I've bought and have on hand ... somewhere.

Do you think Adafruit could provide CSV records for items as part of the "order history" page, in addition to the human-readable format that is already there.

barshatriplee

Re: Order history spreadsheet

Post by barshatriplee »

Order history of the customers are available at the website. Customers can see their histories after loging in to thier accounts . But I am not sure they can provide csv format.

petespaco

Post by petespaco »

I suggest that what you really need is an inventory listing spreadsheet. Do you really care WHEN you ordered something or how much it cost?
Not that I am an expert, but I built my own " electronic components spreadsheet" years ago.
Here's a sample of its layout:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Electronic Project Parts Inventory Last Update Date: May 20, 2023

Qty Mfr P/N Size Desc Type 2nd level Type top level
2 MAX6675 Type K T/C amplifier Max6675 Break Out Board Sensor I/C
1 Radio Shack 276-001 Half size solderless breadboard Board Structure
1 Full size solderless breadboard Board Structure
1 6ft Ethernet cable, connectors on both ends Cable Wire
1 10K Ohm Pot, thru hole Pot Component
1 Mini Panel SPST toggle switch, thru hole Switch Component
17 5mm Red or Orange LED LED Indicator

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I inputted the parts as I located them and then added parts as I got more. I also have a sequence number for each row. You can use the "find" command to locate things in many ways, or you can sort on any column as needed. Not that my location system is all that good, but at least I do know if I have the part or not.

!!! After I posted this, I notice that the "system" didn't keep the columns in order, but they ARE in order, believe me. (everything does show up in column order as I edit this post to add this comment).

Of course, by now the list is well over 100 rows long and not necessarily totally up to date.

westfw

Post by westfw »

what you really need is an inventory listing spreadsheet.
Yes, of course. I was hoping for a way to copy&paste from "order history" to such a spreadsheet, without having to manually enter the data.
I can easily "make do" with too much data, and wanted it to be as easy as possible for Adafruit to provide (ie the same data that is already there, but in a more strictly formatted form.)

Franklin97355

Post by Franklin97355 »

On the bottom of the list are two export buttons that should do the job.

westfw

Post by westfw »

Franklin97355 wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 1:04 pm On the bottom of the list are two export buttons that should do the job.
Ah. That'll do nicely!
It wasn't where I expected to find it (the "export products" button is on the top-level "order history" page, and exports all the products you've ever ordered. I was expecting something per-order.)

Forum rules

Return to “Kitbiz”