5” HDMI Backpack display (w/ touch) doesn’t detect video signal

EL Wire/Tape/Panels, LEDs, pixels and strips, LCDs and TFTs, etc products from Adafruit

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
noahc

5” HDMI Backpack display (w/ touch) doesn’t detect video signal

Post by noahc »

Hi,
I recently purchased the HDMI 5” touch display and found it doesn’t seem to display video or even detect a video output. I’ve tried it on both Windows and Mac with multiple HDMI cables. When plugged into power, the green power light lights up as expected and the touch capabilities work just fine. However i noticed the “video - good” light does nothing at all. Any help is appreciated

mikeysklar

Re: 5” HDMI Backpack display (w/ touch) doesn’t detect video signal

Post by mikeysklar »

Have you been setting your resolution manually to 800x480? This screen requires that resolution be used.

noahc

Post by noahc »

Initially i thought it would auto-detect the resolution but upon not getting that to work, i went into my display adapter settings (on windows) and manually set it to 800x480 and still got no signal. I’m also concerned because I can’t seem to see any evidence that the backlight is running at all. When initially connected to power, the screen flashes white then seemingly the backlight turns off.

mikeysklar

Post by mikeysklar »

Does the same USB cable and port combo work for other devices and the HDMI cable works with other monitors?

Does 640x480 resolution partially work (eg. fills most of the screen width, but not entirely)?

Which version of Windows?

If non of the above helps lets swap it out (return / refund).

noahc

Post by noahc »

The micro usb and hdmi cables work fine in other applications. I tried running it on 640x480 but still no signal. This is running on Windows 11.

mikeysklar

Post by mikeysklar »

We can do a return or refund on this unit if it was purchased in the last 30 days.

How would you like to proceed?

noahc

Post by noahc »

I purchased it through a local Microcenter, would that conflict things with a return/refund? If not I think i’ll do a refund.

mikeysklar

Post by mikeysklar »

Good question. I’m not sure how the process works in this case. Please e-mail [email protected] to request a refund and provide them with the Microcenter receipt info. You must provide a link to this forum thread which is your approval.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Glowy things (LCD, LED, TFT, EL) purchased at Adafruit”