RPi 4 8GB not booting

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Forum rules
Talk about Adafruit Raspberry Pi® accessories! Please do not ask for Linux support, this is for Adafruit products only! For Raspberry Pi help please visit: http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/
rottwayne

RPi 4 8GB not booting

Post by rottwayne »

Purchased a RPi 4 8GB this May 11th order# 3069607-8171105395

Imaged an SD card using the pi imager, connected HDMI, ethernet, and power. On power up the red and green lights came on. But no HDMI signal (on either port) and no network connect light.
Not sure what to try next.

mikeysklar

Re: RPi 4 8GB not booting

Post by mikeysklar »

Are the red and green LEDs solid or flashing at all?

Are you installing the buster image? Can you add network info with the image (use the 'Settings cog') so you can attempt to ssh in?

You are under warranty so let's try and get you going before getting into a replacement.

rottwayne

Post by rottwayne »

The lights are on solid. Not flashing.
I used the Raspberry Pi Imager to install Raspberry Pi OS on the SD card.
No network connected light on the ethernet port. No WiFi connection either.

The other Pi's I bought were not like this.
I did take the SD card out of a working PI (same model and config) and tried it on this one. Same results with the lights and the network connectivity.

Thanks

mikeysklar

Post by mikeysklar »

Thank you for that.

Let's start the replacement process. Verifying the SD card with another Pi of the same model is helpful.

Please e-mail [email protected] with your order# and this forum link which is your authorization for replacement.

Forum rules
Talk about Adafruit Raspberry Pi® accessories! Please do not ask for Linux support, this is for Adafruit products only! For Raspberry Pi help please visit: http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/

Return to “Adafruit Raspberry Pi® accessories”