Connecters and wiring

EL Wire/Tape/Panels, LEDs, pixels and strips, LCDs and TFTs, etc products from Adafruit

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
Manifest3D

Connecters and wiring

Post by Manifest3D »

Im looking to sell lamps I make on my 3D printer with added led strips going in the channels. Would anyone know the best method to find powers supplies in bulk maybe with a breaker that can also be wired to turn the fixture on and off?

adafruit_support_mike

Re: Connecters and wiring

Post by adafruit_support_mike »

Start with the major distributors like Digikey and Mouser. See which products fit your needs, then check the datasheets. You should be able to find contact information for the manufacturer.

If you expect to move enough volume, it could be worth your time to arrange a contract directly with the manufacturer. Contact their sales department, letting them know how many units you expect to buy per quarter or per year, and they'll let you know if it's enough to warrant a direct manufacturing contract.

Manifest3D

Post by Manifest3D »

This information is valuable. Thanks for steering me in the right direction.

Manifest3D

Post by Manifest3D »

might anyone know how long this strip might be out of stock for? https://www.adafruit.com/product/3861 seems as if its discontinued. It looks so good.

adafruit_support_mike

Post by adafruit_support_mike »

It appears to be back in stock now.

Manifest3D

Post by Manifest3D »

Thank you. I was able to snag a few. My project is nearing completion now. These neon strips/tubes are very bright. Can you point me in the direction of an item I can solder to the power supply that would make it dimmable?

Manifest3D

Post by Manifest3D »

I just ordered this product neon like strip but its non addressable. Do i still need a board to use it? If so can someone help me?

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Glowy things (LCD, LED, TFT, EL) purchased at Adafruit”