Solid Red LED NeoPixel

adafruit.io wippersnapper BETA support, discussions, and more!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Forum rules
If you're posting code, please make sure your code does not include your Adafruit IO Active Key or WiFi network credentials.
sm99

Solid Red LED NeoPixel

Post by sm99 »

The ESP32-S2 was working fine from a battery bank until this dawn, transmitting data from the I2C devices to AdaFruit IO. Then the battery bank run out of fuel, and everything was dark by the morning. I disconnected the battery bank and plugged the board into the USB charger in the outlet to restart the data flow and recharge the battery. However, I see only a solid red neopixel led and no connection attempts. So I get into boot mode, reinstall wippersnapper, the json... but the disk never changes into "wipper" it just remains "FTHR2BOOT"... and the neopixel LED remains solid RED when I am not in bootloader mode (then it is green). I guess I am missing something? Thank you very much!

brubell
Learn User Page

Re: Solid Red LED NeoPixel

Post by brubell »

Could you try following the steps on this page to factory reset your device: https://learn.adafruit.com/adafruit-esp ... tory-reset

Then, try re-installing WipperSnapper

sm99

Post by sm99 »

Thank you very much for the suggestion, as the bootloader was functional and I was able to access the FTHR2BOOT disk I tried the "Factory Reset Firmware UF2" method and then tried the reinstall. Unfortunately, it did not work. Sincere apologies for not remarking on this in the original post.

What puzzles me is the meaning of the solid red neopixel LED... Any pointer to its decoding? Thank you very much!

brubell
Learn User Page

Post by brubell »

What is on the FTHR2BOOT volume?

Forum rules
If you're posting code, please make sure your code does not include your Adafruit IO Active Key or WiFi network credentials.

Return to “Adafruit IO Wippersnapper Beta”