RP2040 not loading circuitpython

CircuitPython on hardware including Adafruit's boards, and CircuitPython libraries using Blinka on host computers.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
JBelmont72

RP2040 not loading circuitpython

Post by JBelmont72 »

I have a MAC with ventura 13.2.1 and trying to load circuitpython onto a RP2040. I am following all the options detailed on this page-
https://learn.adafruit.com/adafruit-kb2 ... cuitpython
My RP2040 shows up as a RP1/Rp2 device, that's fine. then I press the boot and reset buttons(the colors are mislabelled but I did it both ways_ boot red and then boot blue and the hit the other button as the reset.
Also tried the option of unplugging, holding boot button and replugging.
I downloaded and then dragged the current CircuitPython library into the device, At this point, the device is supposed to change to CurcuitPython... but does not. I also tried loading the libraries. no difference. Then tried the "nuke" option but it would not load into the device. Would major appreciate help.

dastels

Re: RP2040 not loading circuitpython

Post by dastels »

I'm not clear on what you're doing since you're talking about libraries. You downloaded adafruit-circuitpython-adafruit_kb2040-en_US-8.1.0.uf2 from https://circuitpython.org/board/adafruit_kb2040/? And copied it to the RPi/Rp2 drive? When that copy finishes, RPi/Rp2 should unmount and the CIRCUITPY drive should mount. Libraries you copy to CIRCUITPY/lib.

Dave

schaefer0

Post by schaefer0 »

hi,
It is June 1, and I've got macosx ventura 13.4, and I've got the same issue.
With a new rp 2040 featherwing "black" I got the boot drive but when I dragged and dropped
ADAFRUIT_FEATHER_RP2040-20220117-v1.18.uf2 into RPI-RP2, and rebooted, the CIRCUITYPY drive never showed up.
I have an older featherwing "pink" that has no problems and also worked with mac osx catalina.

schaefer0

Post by schaefer0 »

If it helps, I can connect using a serial modem tool, I get a prompt, and typing help() returns:
Welcom to MicroPython

dastels

Post by dastels »

schaefer0 wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 2:14 pm hi,
It is June 1, and I've got macosx ventura 13.4, and I've got the same issue.
Please create a new thread for your issue.

Dave

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Adafruit CircuitPython”