CIRCUITPY drive does not show up on mac

CircuitPython on hardware including Adafruit's boards, and CircuitPython libraries using Blinka on host computers.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
schaefer0

CIRCUITPY drive does not show up on mac

Post by schaefer0 »

hi,
It is June 1, and I've got macosx ventura 13.4, and I've got the same issue as the issue I was told to start a new thread from.
I have a new rp 2040 featherwing "black" (the board is black) I got the boot drive but when I dragged and dropped
ADAFRUIT_FEATHER_RP2040-20220117-v1.18.uf2 into RPI-RP2, and rebooted, the CIRCUITYPY drive never showed up.
I have an older featherwing "pink" (the board is pink) that has no problems causing the CIRCUITYPY drive to show up, and also worked with mac osx catalina and continues to work on osx ventura (which points to the problem being a featherwing problem, not a mac problem).
Additional notes:
1. I can connect to the featherwing via the usbmodem and at the prompt, when I type "help()", the featherwing thinks its running micropython
2. when I reboot the featherwing, my mac says something to the effect that the CIRCUITYPY drive not disconnected properly.

danhalbert

Re: CIRCUITPY drive does not show up on mac

Post by danhalbert »

That UF2 filename `ADAFRUIT_FEATHER_RP2040-20220117-v1.18.uf2` is the name for a MicroPython UF2. v1.18 is a MicroPython version number.

To get a CircuitPython UF2, go to https://circuitpython.org/board/adafrui ... er_rp2040/

Terminology note: that it is not a "FeatherWIng", btw, but a Feather. A FeatherWing is an accessory board you use with a Feather.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Adafruit CircuitPython”