Possible to read/write to flash of Adafruit Audio FX Sound Board - WAV/OGG Trigger with 16MB Flash

Post here about your Arduino projects, get help - for Adafruit customers!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
SZwa

Possible to read/write to flash of Adafruit Audio FX Sound Board - WAV/OGG Trigger with 16MB Flash

Post by SZwa »

Hi all,

For a project, I'm aiming to create a device which can play audio (44.1kHz, 16bit stereo wav) through headphones and simultaneously control a circuit (such as LED's for example).
The Adafruit Audio FX Sound Board - WAV/OGG Trigger with 16MB Flash (https://www.adafruit.com/product/2220) connected to an Arduino seems to me like the perfect match. I've gone through all documentation I could find as far as I know, but I'm left with a question.
Two requirement I have, is that I want to be able to upload the audio file + a parameters/settings file (txt,csv) into one memory space, and also save a log file (txt,csv) to the same memory.

Is it possible to read from/write to the flash memory of the Audio FX sound board through the UART serial connection between the soundboard and an arduino (uno for example)?

Kind regards!
Stef

dastels

Re: Possible to read/write to flash of Adafruit Audio FX Sound Board - WAV/OGG Trigger with 16MB Flash

Post by dastels »

I do not believe there is any way to do that. From what I've seen, the serial interface can list files, and control playback of those audio files.

Dave

SZwa

Re: Possible to read/write to flash of Adafruit Audio FX Sound Board - WAV/OGG Trigger with 16MB Flash

Post by SZwa »

Thanks Dave!
And do you know if it is possible with an Adafruit Music Maker Shield?
There is a SD card slot on there, can we communicate (read/write) to this SD card slot?
Stef

dastels

Post by dastels »

Yes. The SD card is read/write by the MCU.

Dave

SZwa

Post by SZwa »

Perfect, thanks!!

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Arduino”