Adafruit Audio FX Sound Board + 2x2W Amp - WAV/OGG Trigger -16MB recognized by computer as speaker

Breakout boards, sensors, other Adafruit kits, etc.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
Jives_McGee

Adafruit Audio FX Sound Board + 2x2W Amp - WAV/OGG Trigger -16MB recognized by computer as speaker

Post by Jives_McGee »

viewtopic.php?p=935483&hilit=Adafruit+A ... rd#p935483

^^^^ I am having the exact same problem as this person. When I plug my Sound Board into my computer, I get a green led and red led. My computer does not play a "usb connected" sound, but it does show up as a speaker VS1000B.

I have nothing attached to the board currently, other than a proven data-capable usb cable.

I searched "VS1000B" and found about 23 other posts mentioning this exact problem, but no comments on how to fix it.

Any tips on how to get it recognized as a storage device and not a speaker? Thanks in advance
Attachments
VS1000B.png
VS1000B.png (19.34 KiB) Viewed 57 times

barshatriplee

Re: Adafruit Audio FX Sound Board + 2x2W Amp - WAV/OGG Trigger -16MB recognized by computer as speaker

Post by barshatriplee »

In one thread, the asker was advised to follow this: https://learn.adafruit.com/adafruit-aud ... mages-14-1
I hope Adafruit will add a dedicated troubleshooting guideline to get rid of this problem.

adafruit_support_carter

Re: Adafruit Audio FX Sound Board + 2x2W Amp - WAV/OGG Trigger -16MB recognized by computer as speaker

Post by adafruit_support_carter »

@Jives_McGee Let's replace it. Send an email to [email protected] with a link to this thread and your order number and they can send you a replacement Audio FX board.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Other Products from Adafruit”