Adafruit Audio FX Mini - VS1000D on custom PCB

Breakout boards, sensors, other Adafruit kits, etc.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
rohanjjw

Adafruit Audio FX Mini - VS1000D on custom PCB

Post by rohanjjw »

Hello,
I have been using the Adafruit Audio FX Mini 16MB board successfully in my project for some time, but I decided to try to make a custom PCB that integrates all the components on one board rather than use the module. I used a very similar schematic to the Audio FX Mini (which is also very similar to the application schematic on the VS1000 datasheet) and downloaded the 6M110614.BIN firmware file. I used pcflash.exe to flash the firmware and it seemed to work well.
The next step would be to connect the VS1000 to a PC via USB, however this is where I am running into trouble. When I plug in the USB cable, my PC recognizes that a device was plugged in, and shows an entry under "Other Devices" in Device Manager, but has a "Device Descriptor Request Failed" error. I decided to use an LQFP to DIP adapter board and re-create my circuit on a breadboard to try and troubleshoot the problem. This is the circuit I created:
vs1000test.PNG
vs1000test.PNG (121.72 KiB) Viewed 60 times
I am still getting the "Device Descriptor Request Failed" error no matter what I do. I have tried pulling both GPIO_6 and GPIO_10 both up and down and nothing seems to change the error. AVDD is 3.7V and IOVDD is 1.7V

If anyone has seen this error before or spots anything amiss with my circuit please let me know.

Thanks!

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Other Products from Adafruit”