2.2" TFT 240x320 white screen

EL Wire/Tape/Panels, LEDs, pixels and strips, LCDs and TFTs, etc products from Adafruit

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
justinmzielke

2.2" TFT 240x320 white screen

Post by justinmzielke »

Hello,

I am trying to get this set up to work: https://www.adafruit.com/product/1480

-Adafruit QT Py - SAMD21 Dev Board with STEMMA QT
-2.2" 18-bit color TFT LCD display with microSD card breakout - EYESPI Connector
-Adafruit EYESPI Breakout Board - 18 Pin FPC Connector
-Circuit Python (Mu Editor)

I followed the pin layout shown in the link exactly, tested several examples step by step, and it remains a white screen. I don't know where to troubleshoot the issue further. The NeoPixel test examples work on the QT Py, so I can troubleshoot up to that.

Any guidance would be appreciated. The simpler the better, because this entire process is very new to me (from sbc to scripts). It is my first time soldering as well, but I attached an image for reference.

Happy creating everyone!

Justin
Attachments
IMG-0196.jpg
IMG-0196.jpg (626.61 KiB) Viewed 95 times

adafruit_support_carter

Re: 2.2" TFT 240x320 white screen

Post by adafruit_support_carter »

Try double checking the ribbon cable (on both ends) and make sure it's fully seated. Based on the amount of the blue tape showing on your setup:
tft1.png
tft1.png (158.95 KiB) Viewed 88 times
it might not be fully inserted.

Compare to product photo:
tft2.png
tft2.png (128.29 KiB) Viewed 88 times
The black plastic bar on the FPC connector slides out for inserting, and then slides back in to lock in place.

justinmzielke

Post by justinmzielke »

Hello adafruit_support_carter,

Thank you for your reply. I attempted to reinsert the ribbon cable on both ends. It doesn't appear to go any further. There is roughly an 1/8th of an inch inserted, so I do think it is fully seated. What should I expect if it is working properly? Is there a welcoming screen? I would not doubt that it is still user error, but is there a chance I should purchase a new display and/or ribbon?

Kindly,

Justin

adafruit_support_carter

Post by adafruit_support_carter »

Hmmm, OK. Could be variance in how much of that blue "tape" there is on ribbon cables. As long as it seems well inserted, should be OK.

Software does need to be running on the QT PY for anything to show up on the display. It doesn't show anything with just power.

It sounds like you're trying to use this with CircuitPython?

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Glowy things (LCD, LED, TFT, EL) purchased at Adafruit”