Picade HAT USB-C port fell off

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Forum rules
Talk about Adafruit Raspberry Pi® accessories! Please do not ask for Linux support, this is for Adafruit products only! For Raspberry Pi help please visit: http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/
jonlosch

Picade HAT USB-C port fell off

Post by jonlosch »

I recently purchased the 10" Picade kit. The documentation from the Picade site was pretty good, and my 12 year old and I had a lot of fun putting it together. Unfortunately, when turning the unit on its side to insert the micro SD card, the USB-C port on the HAT popped off. It doesn't look like there was much holding it on there. I'm not sure what the next steps are here, do I need to contact Pimoroni directly? Do I just suck it up and order another HAT?

Unfortunately, it's pretty hard to get a picture, but I can try again if it helps.
IMG_1578.jpeg
IMG_1578.jpeg (277.61 KiB) Viewed 98 times

dastels

Re: Picade HAT USB-C port fell off

Post by dastels »

Ugh. That shouldn't happen. They do seem to be on the delicate side... one reason I'm not a fan.

Where did you purchase it?

Dave

jonlosch

Post by jonlosch »

I bought it from Adafruit. I went through the Contact Us section, and it pointed me to the forums. Not sure if I should try to email support directly? This is the first time I've purchased from Adafruit.

dastels

Post by dastels »

Sorry this was your first experience.

Please email [email protected] with a link to this thread, your order number, and request the replacement of one Pimoroni Picade X HAT USB-C for Raspberry Pi - PIM462.

Dave

jonlosch

Post by jonlosch »

Will do, thanks!

jonlosch

Post by jonlosch »

I contacted support and they're sending me a replacement. It was a super painless process, I'm really pleased with the level of support this site offers. Thanks again for pointing me in the right direction.

dastels

Post by dastels »

My pleasure. I've found the USB-C sockets to be more delicate than previous USB sockets. But then, I'm still a fan or DB-9 or DB-25 connectors :)

Dave

Forum rules
Talk about Adafruit Raspberry Pi® accessories! Please do not ask for Linux support, this is for Adafruit products only! For Raspberry Pi help please visit: http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/

Return to “Adafruit Raspberry Pi® accessories”