XBee Adapter Kit

XBee projects like the adapter, xBee tutorials, tweetawatt/wattcher, etc. from Adafruit

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
blue72beetle

XBee Adapter Kit

Post by blue72beetle »

I'm going to be doing a project that calls for the XBee adapter kit (adafruit stock number 126 ), but I see that it is discontinued. Is the USB XBee Adapter ( #247 ) the replacement for the adapter kit?
The project I'm doing wires to the Rx and Tx pins of the adapter kit for what I'm assuming is serial data, would these go to the Din and Dout of the USB kit instead?
Thanks,
Andy

Franklin97355

Re: XBee Adapter Kit

Post by Franklin97355 »

It appears we don't have an adapter for the xbee anymore.Sparkfun has something as does Parallax.

blue72beetle

Post by blue72beetle »

Thanks for those links. I did manage to find 3 of the original Adafruit adapters on Amazon and Ebay of all places so I bought them.

depewke

Post by depewke »

Hi,

I had the same question regarding connecting the xbee usb adapter (this product https://www.adafruit.com/product/247 ). I came to the same conclusion as blue72beetle that TX on arduino would be connected to Din, and RX on arduino to Dout. I understand that this is a Parallax product, but the Parallax forum is not especially friendly to search. From what I was able to find there, there is a document that seems to bear out the conclusion (the spam filter picked up the file link and would not allow me to post it), but it would be nice to get a definitive answer.

Thanks for any help.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “XBee products (discontinued)”