Wave Bubble 2010

The operation of transmitters designed to jam or block wireless communications is a violation of the Communications Act of 1934, as amended ("Act"). See 47 U.S.C. Sections 301, 302a, 333. The Act prohibits any person from willfully or maliciously interfering with the radio communications of any station licensed or authorized under the Act or operated by the U.S. government. 47 U.S.C. Section 333. The manufacture, importation, sale or offer for sale, including advertising, of devices designed to block or jam wireless transmissions is prohibited. 47 U.S.C. Section 302a(b). Parties in violation of these provisions may be subject to the penalties set out in 47 U.S.C. Sections 501-510. Fines for a first offense can range as high as $11,000 for each violation or imprisonment for up to one year, and the device used may also be seized and forfeited to the U.S. government.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
wing23

Re: Wave Bubble 2010

Post by wing23 »

thanks ... that explains it ... lol
there's only this page ^^

cornz

Post by cornz »

I must admit, im sure i found it at another link but the address is the same, all i did was email them..
Seems they just import them from the USA......

cornz

Post by cornz »

wing23 wrote:thanks ... that explains it ... lol
there's only this page ^^
[email protected]
[email protected]
silvia""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

There....Should be enough for you to make further enquiries. Sufficed for me.

raiden98

Post by raiden98 »

I don't see Random Noise Generator on the plate.

chankster

Post by chankster »

erich81 wrote:I'll work to redo the main board since I can't find the eagle files, and will post a set when i finish editing.
Have you had a chance to redo the main board yet? I'm planning on getting a set of 10 made of both boards.

Mictronics

Post by Mictronics »

raiden98 wrote:I don't see Random Noise Generator on the plate.
Not needed. The VCO control voltage is noisy enough to give a swing of around 2-3MHz even when the digital pots are set to ground.

erich81

Post by erich81 »

Chankster wrote:
erich81 wrote:I'll work to redo the main board since I can't find the eagle files, and will post a set when i finish editing.
Have you had a chance to redo the main board yet? I'm planning on getting a set of 10 made of both boards.

I'll work on trying to finish fixing the eagle-ized version this weekend, work has been busy.

Mictronics, got a question for you. I am almost finished building the main board on mine, and like a dumbass, I left my programmer with the 5v jumper in place (supplies USB voltage to device under programming). T4(P Ch Mosfet), and IC1(3.3v LDO regulator) went up in smoke. I looked at the rest of the ranges for the IC's and they all have a range that includes 5v, so I think I'm ok. Should the rest of my parts be safe?

spacedoggy

Post by spacedoggy »

I would also offer to pay up front for a set of boards. I ordered VCOs for this version along with V1
many thanks for all the work put into this update.
finding the right components for the WB v1 was such a headache

nice to see un updated BOM and refinements to the design :)

erich81

Post by erich81 »

Close to being done with the main board in eagle. I have 98 more DRC errors to check. as an FYI, there will be close to 200-250 'approved" errors, things such as vias touching other ground pads (they are both ground so it doesn't matter), etc. I am using SparkFun/BatchPCB's rules, which are much less generous than other board houses. For example, BatchPCB has a 8mil trace/spacing limit, and 20mil holes, other places can go much smaller. So since the boards pass BatchPCB's tests, they should work for any board house. I should be done cleaning up and checking by sunday.

Update:

Attached are two sets of eagle files. One is with the original sized Outline from the import. There is a downside to this and that is that with the switches mictronics picked, they barely fit to the edges (definitely don't go over). The second set is with the boarder shrunk in slightly so that the push button hangs over slightly.

The board is untested so far, I have verified the battery board I posted before works, but so far have not finished building this, so for now, use at your own risk. I would highly encourage anyone wanting to use these to open in Eagle and check for yourself before using, until I am able to finish building.
Attachments
Main Board Big Outline.zip
Eagle files for Main board with bigger outline
(71.34 KiB) Downloaded 496 times
SparkFun Rules.zip
Sparkfun rules used for DRC
(847 Bytes) Downloaded 433 times
Main Board Small Outline.zip
Eagle files for Main board with smaller outline
(71.7 KiB) Downloaded 457 times

wing23

Post by wing23 »

@cornz: thanks, I'll try that :)

erich81

Post by erich81 »

I started putting the main board together, 3.3V supply checked out fine, went to build the other supplies but accidentally ripped a leg off the 5v ic so i need to replace that. I wanted to warn everyone though that BatchPCB does not appear to be capable of making these boards. I got to putting the 12 and 24v chips on, and went to test. Pins 1/2/8 on the 12v regulator show as shorted on my multimeter. I did some checking, and so far the bottom pin of D3 (the diode next to the IC) was shorted to one of the traces (even though there was plenty of space in the board layouts. I fixed it by cutting the side of the diode pad, however the traces still short out (1/3/8 should be shorted, however 1/2/3/8 should NOT be touching) I have spent roughly the last 4 hours trying to troubleshoot why this is occurring, and believe there may be more over-pours or messed up traces on the board. It would appear that even though the limits fall within their posted limits, that the fab house cannot accurately print these.

aqisnotliquid

Post by aqisnotliquid »

Based on what I've read, I assume that the project is completed, has been confirmed to work, and has working gerbers. Correct me if I'm wrong in any of this. Anyway, I've started taking orders.

http://forums.adafruit.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=21025

jbeavers9026

Post by jbeavers9026 »

I was wondering where you get your solder stencil
from I would like to order a set.

aqisnotliquid

Post by aqisnotliquid »

I don't have a solder stencil, but here's a guide on how you can make one.

http://www.sparkfun.com/tutorials/58

aqisnotliquid

Post by aqisnotliquid »

Sorry for the double post, but I noticed that on the bottom layer of what I think is the main board, the silkscreen should be mirrored and it's not. I'll fix it on my copy, but I just thought y'all should know if you plan to print the boards yourself.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Wave Bubble”