Wave Bubble 2010

The operation of transmitters designed to jam or block wireless communications is a violation of the Communications Act of 1934, as amended ("Act"). See 47 U.S.C. Sections 301, 302a, 333. The Act prohibits any person from willfully or maliciously interfering with the radio communications of any station licensed or authorized under the Act or operated by the U.S. government. 47 U.S.C. Section 333. The manufacture, importation, sale or offer for sale, including advertising, of devices designed to block or jam wireless transmissions is prohibited. 47 U.S.C. Section 302a(b). Parties in violation of these provisions may be subject to the penalties set out in 47 U.S.C. Sections 501-510. Fines for a first offense can range as high as $11,000 for each violation or imprisonment for up to one year, and the device used may also be seized and forfeited to the U.S. government.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
bbock

Re: Wave Bubble 2010

Post by bbock »

It seems that this file is corrupted as tarv14viewer_e will not open it. It does not have a problem with the main file.
Could you please upload it again.
http://ladyada.net/wiki/_media/wavebubb ... tc1730.zip

Mictronics

Post by Mictronics »

Tried the file, works fine for me in full Target and also the linked Target viewer.

If you have problem to open the ZIP file then do not use the ZIP support included in Windows. Use 7zip or BANNED instead.

lcstyle

Post by lcstyle »

erich81 wrote:
Awarru wrote:I am interested too in the boards but the link posted above is for the old board. Has erich81 finished his redesigned PCB's with the .BRD file that works in Batch PCB? If so where are the designs?
I have finished the designs, however I've been waiting till my solder stencil and parts come in to test the top board (I've built the Li-Ion board, and it works/passes all tests)

If you would like me to post the updated files now before testing, I'll do it within the next day or so, when I get a chance.

Thanks.

Edit: I've added the li-ion board, I can't find the signal board eagles, however I have the gerbers that passed BatchPCB's design check, and were run off. I'll attach those here. As stated, the lion board is fine, and I've E-tested the signal board, so it looks good both mechanically and visually. The only problem I have with the design is that where the switches are, the two front pads are missing. (contacts are correct). My solution for this is going to be to use different switches that I can panel mount in the case i'll put it in.

Here are what the gerbers produce, in case you want to know before using (please note on the battery board, I added a spot for a 2 pin JST connector, in case i used a battery that had one. This does not need to be populated if you're soldering your battery on like I did. the 2 pin JST connectors are available at sparkfun.com):

I'll work to redo the main board since I can't find the eagle files, and will post a set when i finish editing.
I have traced all the mistakes made on this board to your files.

First , in your Eagle Board Schematic, you have labels all wrong for VCO1 and VCO2 and JP3 and JP4 Voltage Select.

Second, in your board file "Main Board Fat Ouline.brd" you have placement for R43 yet in your pictures you don't show these traces.

Please see here for more information:
http://forums.adafruit.com/viewtopic.ph ... 39#p116339

hxhl95

Post by hxhl95 »

Hi, I'm just curious as to why the LM358D was chosen for the amp/buffer. At 20kHz the buffered sawtooth will be slewed by the buffer (LM358 is 0.6V/us) and I notice it becomes semi-triangular after being buffered. The LM6132 chip has a better slew rate and is also rail-to-rail up to 24V.

http://www.ti.com/lit/ds/symlink/lm6132.pdf

Was cost (almost $4 for a LM6132) the only factor here or am I missing something in the datasheets? :?

TheFallen

Post by TheFallen »

The vtune for the VCOs is 28volts. I'll have a look see on my scope for the sweeping signals but truth be told if they're sweeping evenly across the required range then all is good. We're not after a perfect sawtooth, but a sweep.

hxhl95

Post by hxhl95 »

Hi, another question. Upon trying to charge the battery for the first time I noticed that even if the charger chip is not connected to a battery, the charge LED still lights up and I get a current draw of ~8mA with a 9V battery as the external source. Also, when the battery is charging, it never draws more than ~60mA of current from the chip. Can someone tell me whether the former is normal behaviour, and what might be the cause(s) of the latter? I've checked for soldering issues already.

bbock

Post by bbock »

Anyone found a good source for the LiPo battery? I see many out there, but none so far that fit the size mentioned.

tony18183

Post by tony18183 »

LP853560 3.7v 1800mah with protection circuit and wires
dimension : 60mm x 35mm
One unit: USD 20.0

Check out on
http://www.lipolbattery.com/lithium%20p ... ttery.html

anyone interest for bulk order leave me a message

viperspike

Post by viperspike »

If anyone needs BANNED-84's please PM me. -Viperspike

duke11235

Gerber Confirmation

Post by duke11235 »

Can anyone confirm that both of the gerbers[wave_bubble_power_board.zip WaveBubbleSignalBoard.zip] produce usable PCBs?

viperspike

Post by viperspike »

Almost done building my 2 wavebubbles and was wondering what antennas are good for use in the cell bands? Most of the ones on the finishing up page are out of stock or not available. I have searched the forum and ebay and a few of the online retailers but was wondering if anyone has found a combination that works well. I am looking for higher gain antennas. Thanks - Viperspike

I picked this up from ebay and I'm not sure I could have built these without it.

http://store.amscope.com/sm-3bz.html

Mine came with an 80 led light for $400 to the door. It is really well built too, my work has a couple thousand dollar Nikon ones that seem exactly the same quality.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/3-5X-90X-Stereo ... 518f26f028

viperspike

Post by viperspike »

I was wondering about running an amp with the wavebubble. It seems to work great for GSM bands, however CDMA does not really work at all. I was looking to boost the power output and was wondering if something like the mini-circuits ZX60-V63+ would work. Would there be any noticeable increase in power output or would I be wasting time and money on these, as I would need two per WB. They are .5 to 2.4GHz so that should be in the frequency range I am looking for the only problem i see is they operate at 4.8 to 5.2VDC which I'm guessing would require a separate battery/power supply. Would I be better off getting higher gain antennas?

http://www.minicircuits.com/MCLStore/Mo ... 2253024105

Thanks - Viperspike

losthorizonmba

Post by losthorizonmba »

Hello all, the eagle schematic is for the LM3622 though the pdf is for the LTC1730-4.2. Is there an eagle file for the latter? Thanks.

losthorizonmba

Eagle Schematic Wave Bubble 2010

Post by losthorizonmba »

Anyone has the Eagle files for the 2010 version? http://www.ladyada.net/wiki/wavebubble/wave_bubble_2010 has only the Target files.
Thanks

giuseppe64

Post by giuseppe64 »

hello to all...so who can help me with this project? why it is unsupported?..i'd like to know why in the 2010 revision there isn't the switch...thanks

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Wave Bubble”