x0xb0x is back and shipping again – say hello to Willzyx

What's happening in 2010 to best support the x0xb0x project!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
adafruit

x0xb0x is back and shipping again – say hello to Willzyx

Post by adafruit »

Adafruit is thrilled to be working with Willzyx Music, the x0xb0x is back.

http://www.willzyx.com/

In our previous post & announcement we let everyone know that we would unable to support the project in the best way possible and we would be figuring out what we can do to help people get kits again.

So, big news – we were very lucky enough to find someone who can devote the time, resources and support to x0xb0x – Meet James of Willzyx Music, he writes -
I just spent the last 10 years working in a San Francisco music shop and I really liked my job. I loved that I was helping people make music and that’s something that I still want to be a part of. Me and my wife have been making plans on moving to Taiwan for a number years and in 2009 we took the plunge. During 2009 I was selling completed x0xb0x’s on eBay under the name of bitcrusher76, it was a success and I am continuing on with the opening of my new web store willzyx.com.

My goal with Willzyx Music is to keep supplying the x0xb0x community with Parts and Kits. I have spent the last year building up a stock pile of parts and will bring the Kits back at an affordable price. Any new projects that are produced from Willzyx will have the same MIT open source license, so you can hack, modify and commercialize any of Willzyx’s original designs.
We want to thank James for being part of this with us and we’d like to thank all of customers, fans and everyone who has made the x0xb0x one of the best open source synth projects – LONG LIVE x0xb0X.

phono

Re: x0xb0x is back and shipping again – say hello to Willzyx

Post by phono »

finally the cats out of the bag, best of luck James

willzyx music

Post by willzyx music »

Thanks! Its feels good to finally have the site up.

adafruit

Post by adafruit »

phono wrote:finally the cats out of the bag, best of luck James
mosfet prefers boxes.

phono

Post by phono »

adafruit wrote:
phono wrote:finally the cats out of the bag, best of luck James
mosfet prefers boxes.
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_mX2skrik8wM/S ... pillow.jpg

Mitzi prefers 606 pillows :mrgreen:
Last edited by phono on Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Luap

Post by Luap »

Great. I look forward to stock being back in the Adafruit store soon then, and some helpful support on the forums once more :wink:

phono

Post by phono »

Luap wrote:Great. I look forward to stock being back in the Adafruit store soon then, and some helpful support on the forums once more :wink:
it wont be in the adafruit shop, it will be here now http://www.willzyx.com/

altitude

Post by altitude »

So he is operating from Taiwan?

willzyx music

Post by willzyx music »

Altitude wrote:So he is operating from Taiwan?
I am, all shipments will be coming from Taiwan.

altitude

Post by altitude »

Willzyx Music wrote:
Altitude wrote:So he is operating from Taiwan?
I am, all shipments will be coming from Taiwan.
Can you give me shipping costs for 1-3 sets of PCBs to the us?

willzyx music

Post by willzyx music »

$20 bucks via EMS air mail to ship 2-3 sets of PCBs
$16 bucks via EMS air mail to ship 1 sets of PCBs
Its only $5 to ship out 1 set of PCBs via Air mail but there is no tracking number or insurance.*
*edit: all shipments now have insurance
Depending where you are, you're looking at 5-8 working days to get to you.
Last edited by willzyx music on Wed Apr 21, 2010 6:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

adafruit

Post by adafruit »

on a related note - if and when there are forums on Willzyx's site - we'll figure out the best way to either migrate these forums there or point to them.

altitude

Post by altitude »

adafruit wrote:on a related note - if and when there are forums on Willzyx's site - we'll figure out the best way to either migrate these forums there or point to them.
lol, you're really washing your hands of this x0x business huh?

Luap

Post by Luap »

Altitude wrote:
adafruit wrote:on a related note - if and when there are forums on Willzyx's site - we'll figure out the best way to either migrate these forums there or point to them.
lol, you're really washing your hands of this x0x business huh?
I was just about to post the very same thing.. :|

With all due respect It's an offloading disguised none too well as a partnership.
Adafruit thanks james for "Being part of this with us"
James own FAQ says " I am not a part of Adafruit Industries. We are two completely separate and independent companies."

This is all looks kinda messy from where im sitting. But I guess it's all a means to the same end. Same parts, we just go elsewhere for them now instead. I hope that wherever the home/forum of the x0xb0x gets offloaded to, we get some good support. Because it sure would be appreciated by many.

Best of luck to James.

adafruit

Post by adafruit »

Altitude wrote: lol, you're really washing your hands of this x0x business huh? I was just about to post the very same thing.. :|
phil here - if we were "washing our hands" we would remove the project online completely and close the forums - we've been working very hard to find someone great to work with who can sell and support the x0xb0x in the best way possible, and that's happened. i'm glad to see the project moving forward and more kits getting out there. the forums will be here for awhile.
Altitude wrote: With all due respect It's an offloading disguised none too well as a partnership. Adafruit thanks james for "Being part of this with us" James own FAQ says " I am not a part of Adafruit Industries. We are two completely separate and independent companies." This is all looks kinda messy from where im sitting. But I guess it's all a means to the same end. Same parts, we just go elsewhere for them now instead. I hope that wherever the home/forum of the x0xb0x gets offloaded to, we get some good support. Because it sure would be appreciated by many.
you can now order x0xb0xes, we've transferred inventory, james is great - there isn't any disruption in service or supply from now on - this is all good news, it's less "messy" for everyone now. this is all great for everyone.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “x0xb0x Project Status 2010”