192.168.7.2 connection timeout

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
oceanmono

192.168.7.2 connection timeout

Post by oceanmono »

Hi, I got BeagleBone Black Wireless. I connected it to my PC running Windows 10 64-bit. After spending lots of time to find that I needed to disable Driver Signature Verification, I installed the drivers successfully from the E drive by running BONE_D64. After installation, I typed 192.168.7.2 under Firefox and got the connection timeout error. Could you please let me what to do to resolve this issue?

Also, after I pressed the reset button, the 4 LEDs near the microusb connector blinked. Then, E drive showed up on the screen. However, after a minute or so, the E drive disappeared from Windows and all those four LEDs were turned off. Is this normal? I wonder why the E drive disappeared from Windows. Could it be that the usb cable does not supply enough power to the BBB? Should I use 5VDC 1A or 2A to supply power as well? What is the recommended amp?

silver2row

Re: 192.168.7.2 connection timeout

Post by silver2row »

Hello,

On Win 10 w/ the newest version of the BeagleBoard.org images, the drivers are already done. Do you use PuTTY?

Seth

P.S. If you use PuTTY on Win 10 and you just used the latest image from https://beagleboard.org/latest-images, just use PuTTY as regular and then wait until all your three LEDs on the BBBW light up before trying to sign in on Debian. I hope this helps. If not, just reply. I will try to walk you through it over and over in case we miss anything.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Beagle Bone & Adafruit Beagle Bone products”