x0x cv in

Discuss mods, hacks, tweaks, etc.

Moderators: altitude, adafruit_support_bill, adafruit, phono, hamburgers

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
profête

x0x cv in

Post by profête »

hello

excuse my noob question but is it possible to add cv in (like filter cv in) to all knobs of the x0x ( reso cv in, env cv in, accent cv in...) ?

if not, why ?

antto

Re: x0x cv in

Post by antto »

it's probably not impossible, but not easy
if you could do this, then you could as well provide those voltages from DACs from an MCU and then you could have control over these parameters via MIDI CC, and if you check - there are not many 303 clones which have MIDI CC on the params, most often the Cutoff only (since that one is easy)

here's why:
the cutoff is easy, sorta, because the potentiometer provides a variable voltage
maybe the tuning would also be easy
but the others, Resonance, Envmod, Decay, Accent, Volume - these either pass audio, or control signals

the Resonance param is especially tricky, because it serves two completely different roles (it's a dual pot):
- as you'd expect, the filter output goes thru one of the pots, here it's nothing exotic, acts like a volume pot (still that's not easy to turn into voltage control)
- it affects the "sharpness" of the accent "wow" modulation signal to the filter cutoff.. leaving it sharp when the resonance param is low, and then making it smooth at max resonance

i'm not familiar with the x0x-heart, but i think it might have had some provisions for that, but i might be wrong, perhaps you could check it

profête

Post by profête »

thank for your answer, now i understand better

x0x-heart is not bad thank you :D !

profête

Post by profête »

i found this wonrderful project, a midi interface for x0xheart, with full midi cc for all pots :)

https://github.com/jbeuckm/atmega_midi_x0x_heart

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “x0xm0dz”