Custom CP2104 PCB Not working

Chat about pick and place machines, reflow ovens, assembly techniques and other SMT tips & trix

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
kowshik1729

Custom CP2104 PCB Not working

Post by kowshik1729 »

Rev_1.pdf
Schematic Capture of my Design
(40.76 KiB) Downloaded 95 times
Hi guys,

I have made a custom PCB using ESP32-Wroom 32 SoC. I have used a CP2104 USB-UART bridge to program the SoC. But when I connect my board into the computer it is not getting recognized and the says an error like "Device Descriptor request failed" . I had searched a lot regarding this and I can't find anything on this. I have attached my schematics below, I don't think so there are any wrongs with my schematics. The entire board is getting powered up correctly but CP2104 is not getting recognized.

I've been knocking my head since a week on this issue. Please help me out.

jps2000

Re: Custom CP2104 PCB Not working

Post by jps2000 »

May be you have crossed DP and DN on the USB conn? The symbol seems faulty. Check it physically on the board

kowshik1729

Re: Custom CP2104 PCB Not working

Post by kowshik1729 »

jps2000 wrote:May be you have crossed DP and DN on the USB conn? The symbol seems faulty. Check it physically on the board

Yeah many people has questioned me this. So, what I did is, ripped the USB cable I'm using, reversed the D+ and D- pins and no luck then too. Is there any fault with my CP2104 schematic?

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “SMT (Surface Mount Tech)”