Trinket 5V and Adafruit TLC59711

USB AVR Programmer and SPI interface. Adafruit's USBtinyISP.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
zophar

Trinket 5V and Adafruit TLC59711

Post by zophar »

Hi All,

i'm trying to get the trinket 5V to work with Adafruit's 59711 PWM board. The issue seems to come through a number of things, I can fix the serial print info by using ATtinySerialOut. I have looked at using tinySPI: but not sure what else I need to modify. Is this even possible?

The original library is here: https://github.com/adafruit/Adafruit_TL ... master.zip

Some of the compile errors (presumably because it's trying to use hardware SPI) are:

../packages/arduino/hardware/avr/1.8.3/libraries/SPI/src/SPI.h:310:55: error: 'SPIE' was not declared in this scope
inline static void detachInterrupt() { SPCR &= ~_BV(SPIE); }

../packages/arduino/hardware/avr/1.8.3/libraries/SPI/src/SPI.h:322:17: note: previous declaration as 'SPIClass SPI'
extern SPIClass SPI;

../packages/arduino/hardware/avr/1.8.3/libraries/SPI/src/SPI.h:310:42: note: suggested alternative: 'EECR'
inline static void detachInterrupt() { SPCR &= ~_BV(SPIE); }
^~~~
EECR

Error compiling for board Adafruit Trinket (ATtiny85 @ 8MHz).

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Do you think I can substitute the functions that don't work or should I just sack it off and use a nano.

Sorry for what is probably a really stupid question: I tried looking for further info but my brain just went fuzzy and I figured someone might at least be able to point me in the right direction?

Thanks in advance and apologies.

adafruit_support_bill

Re: Trinket 5V and Adafruit TLC59711

Post by adafruit_support_bill »

I'd probably opt for one of the Itsy Bitsy boards: https://www.adafruit.com/product/3677

The Arduino SPI library does not support the ATTiny85. The errors you see are because the library is referencing hardware SPI registers that do not exist on that processor.

TinySPI claims to support a subset of the SPI library functionality. We have not tested it with the TLC59711.

zophar

Re: Trinket 5V and Adafruit TLC59711

Post by zophar »

Thanks Bill,

That’s great advice: the itsy bitsy looks ace. I shall stop attempting to get the software SPI to work. It was frazzling my mind a little.

Cheers.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “USBtinyISP”