MintyComm download?

Minty so good. Minty so tasty.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
adafruit

Post by adafruit »

oh & dont forget to set the fuses correctly, eh?
they should be set the same as for the bootloader. i really dont see why you didnt install the bootloader....you'll probably regret it later.

luke

Post by luke »

ladyada wrote:oh & dont forget to set the fuses correctly, eh?
they should be set the same as for the bootloader. i really dont see why you didnt install the bootloader....you'll probably regret it later.
i don't see anywhere where it says what the fuse configuration for the bootloader is. i usually just turn all the extra (debug/watchdog/etc) stuff off. I'm going to try to reprogram it tonight.

ryder1650

Post by ryder1650 »

So how exactly does the bootloader work? Do I use the same ICSP procedure to put the bootloader hex into the PIC and then i should be able to use the tinybld software to but the whole firmware on via the FTDI chip?

luke

Post by luke »

yep. although i just tried doing icsp with the few things i had on the board (up to the usb part in the instructions, minus the battery stuff), and i couldn't get it to work. looks like i have to take everything off.

Post by Guest »

luke wrote:yep. although i just tried doing icsp with the few things i had on the board (up to the usb part in the instructions, minus the battery stuff), and i couldn't get it to work. looks like i have to take everything off.
really? i thought it would work even with everything on... guess not.

luke

Post by luke »

i might have been doing something wrong, can someone else verify this?

ryder1650

Post by ryder1650 »

I will try it, hopefully tonight.

ryder1650

Post by ryder1650 »

OK update. I was able to program the bootloader HEX code onto the PIC via ICSP. However, when I use tinybld to load mp3.hex on it keeps saying PIC not found. I made sure the COM was set correctly.

terpDriver

ditto

Post by terpDriver »

this is where I am too. although i'm not positive i loaded the bootloader properly. I tried using a JDM style programmer and a BP Micro BP-1400 with BPWin at work. Neither of them gave me a successful verification though. When i did it with BPWin it said my config register values didn't match after programming.
ryder1650 wrote:OK update. I was able to program the bootloader HEX code onto the PIC via ICSP. However, when I use tinybld to load mp3.hex on it keeps saying PIC not found. I made sure the COM was set correctly.

ryder1650

Post by ryder1650 »

My K128 programmer verified it successfully.

luke

Post by luke »

for your information, i believe my pic was running correctly, but the usb socket was not connected correctly. sadly, the pads have gotten lifted, so I'm about to go into salvage mode. not too hopeful though.

ryder1650

Post by ryder1650 »

Hmmm, I was thinking mine was too, but why would the computer detect the USB and then nothing would show up in hyperterminal. Anyways I have yet to dismantle anything so I am holding some hope still.

luke

Post by luke »

i just tested the connectivity from the a couple of pins to the pads they're supposed to connect to, and there was none (plus you can see that the pads lifted up).

ryder1650

Post by ryder1650 »

That sucks, where did you get your boards made?

luke

Post by luke »

sparkfun. but it's almost surely my fault, I haven't done much soldering, so i think i overdid it.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “MintyMP3”