Can't get ESP32 Huzzah to Wippersnapper (can't load binary)

adafruit.io wippersnapper BETA support, discussions, and more!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Forum rules
If you're posting code, please make sure your code does not include your Adafruit IO Active Key or WiFi network credentials.
Blueshark

Can't get ESP32 Huzzah to Wippersnapper (can't load binary)

Post by Blueshark »

1st time I loaded the Wippersnapper firmware to ESP32 Huzzah ok, but no show on Adafruit IO Wippersnapper page, tried again no show again, tried 3rd time now get error not able to install binary...
Attachments
Screenshot (2).png
Screenshot (2).png (26.06 KiB) Viewed 273 times

ksprayberry

Re: Can't get ESP32 Huzzah to Wippersnapper (can't load bina

Post by ksprayberry »

I just finished loading mine last night and I had the same problem. What worked for me was that I loaded a program from the Arduino IDE ...maybe a Blink program or something simple and once I did that, I went back to Chrome and connected it and it connected right away, I put in my credentials and loaded the wippersnapper and it loaded without a hitch. I think the first go around I hit the reset button or it didn't take or something and then it seemed to just not work after that. Reloading the arduino program to the board seemed to do the trick.

brubell
Learn User Page

Post by brubell »

1st time I loaded the Wippersnapper firmware to ESP32 Huzzah ok, but no show on Adafruit IO Wippersnapper page, tried again no show again, tried 3rd time now get error not able to install binary...
I could not replicate this on my end. Could you please provide me with the following information:

What browser are you using?
Which browser version are you using?
What operating system and version are you using?

Blueshark

Post by Blueshark »

Note: Because Wippersnapper is using Beta Chrome extensions that affect all users of the Chrome Browser Security, I'm using an old PC to experiment on the Wippersnapper platform.
The Old PC is an Intel Centrino Dual Core 1ghz - 4 gb ram - Laptop HP.... Clean install only has Arduino IDE - Chrome installed no other complicated software installed.

Using Google Chrome Browser; followed Wippersnapper tutorial to enable experimental extensions

Currently I'm not in my home; out in a mini-vacation from home - Halloween weekend with family so giving you the exact Chrome Browser Version is not possible right now... but its current...

OS version.... is Windows 10 Pro, 21H1 - because of Clean install Windows has not been registered yet but I keep Windows updated as much as possible; I dont think the Windows update's are an issue but good to know about the computer state it is in right now.

For now on my end as soon as I get home I'll load an Arduino sketch to maybe reset the ESP32 Huzzah and then try again.

Thank You again for your support.

Blueshark

Post by Blueshark »

I got it working!!!

as ksprayberry said...
I just uploaded the Blinky code from the Arduino IDE example, then went back to the Wippersnapper program re-uploaded the code; (I noticed that the ESP32 Huzzah doesn't like the 5GHz antenna on my router so I used the "GUEST" antenna and it connected)

Now I can experiment with the Wippersnapper platform!!
Attachments
Screenshot (5).png
Screenshot (5).png (34.64 KiB) Viewed 246 times

brubell
Learn User Page

Post by brubell »

Glad you got it working! I haven't seen a user attempt to connect to a 5GHz network before, the ESP32 only supports 2.4GHz networks. I'll make a note about this on the guide for the next person who encounters this issue.

Forum rules
If you're posting code, please make sure your code does not include your Adafruit IO Active Key or WiFi network credentials.

Return to “Adafruit IO Wippersnapper Beta”