Please Help!

For CircuitPython issues, ask in the Adafruit CircuitPython forum.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
kcho7117

Please Help!

Post by kcho7117 »

Hello all--

I bought a two Mini Color PiTFT Ad Blocking Pi-Hole Kit - No Soldering! Product ID: 4475 back in May. (One spare was for backup )
https://www.adafruit.com/product/4475

It was working great and I loved using it. I am not sure if anyone ran into this, I was updating the Pi hole via PuTTY. It was going great it was updating, then all of a sudden I noticed it paused at 48%, I left it on over night. The next day it was still stuck at 48%. I noticed the Pi lost its green light. Which I found it odd, so I lifted the Pi for a closer inspection a quick blink of red light flashed and I lost my connection on PuTTY and there was no more LED lights. I didn't think nothing of it so I unplugged it and let it rest for a few seconds before plugging it in. No LED looked like nothing is happening. I checked the pins for power via unplugging and using the small screen that came with the kit. Which did light up so the board itself is getting power but I am not sure why the LED lights are gone and why I cannot use the Pi. I checked the SD card and it still readable and all the files seemed to be safe. I do not want to use the backup until I know what is going on, I am not sure if its the the board shorted it self because of the update? I tried three different wires as power source I also used different outlets. All did nothing. If there is anyone out there with information about this it would be greatly appreciated!

-Thank you so much!

adafruit_support_carter

Re: Please Help!

Post by adafruit_support_carter »

Keep in mind the Pi Zero does not have a power LED. It has an ACT (activity) LED, which may or may not light up depending on what is happening. This can lead to a false sense that the Pi is dead.

Try removing everything from the Pi's GPIO header and starting over with a fresh OS image. Try using Raspberry Pi OS Lite just to verify the Pi itself is OK.

There is also this check which can be done:
https://learn.adafruit.com/raspberry-pi ... -zero-dead

kcho7117

Re: Please Help!

Post by kcho7117 »

Thank you so much! Giving it a new OS fixed it. I was not aware that it have an ACT LED. I thought the board shorted it self when I restarted the pi.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “CLUE Board”