FONA Red LED (NetworkStatus)

Adafruit cellular platform - SMS and IoT over celluar

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
AdrianPW

FONA Red LED (NetworkStatus)

Post by AdrianPW »

Am using FONA 3G (European).
FONA is controlled by an itsy bitsy 5v and uses a 4x4 i2C keypad with a Seeed Wio Terminal used as an i2c slave display (via level shifters).
Got it to connect to network once and made voice calls to landlines and mobile phones.
Ever since it was powered down and then up again it can no longer find find the network (network status returned as 0).
The red NS LED flashes on for approximately 10 seconds and off for approximately 30 seconds - anybody know what this means ?
The information given by adafruit only details flashing on/off for either 800mS or 200ms.
The FONA uses a Sky SIM which works perfectly in a mobile phone.

rskup

Re: FONA Red LED (NetworkStatus)

Post by rskup »

Not that it's much help, but below is the LED status table right from Simcom's 5320 Hardware & Design Manual:
LEDstatus.png
LEDstatus.png (34.89 KiB) Viewed 893 times

AdrianPW

Re: FONA Red LED (NetworkStatus)

Post by AdrianPW »

An update on the FONA 3G European...
Added to the control program so it displays the signal strength so now as well as getting "Network Status 0 not Registered" I also get "RSSI = 0 -115dBm".
The program loops every few seconds but never gets past this point. Checked the antenna and all connections are OK. SIM works perfectly in mobile phone.
Seems that the FONA is faulty. Any idea how to return for replacement ? Told by supplier to post technical query directly on forum.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “FONA”