Automated pick and place for Sensirion SHT4X

Chat about pick and place machines, reflow ovens, assembly techniques and other SMT tips & trix

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
AnthonyD3228

Automated pick and place for Sensirion SHT4X

Post by AnthonyD3228 »

This is a question for Adafruit, or anyone else that has built the Sensirion SHT4x temperature / humidity sensor onto their own PCB and has used automated pick and place machines to place the part on the PCB...

The part itself is only 1.5 x 1.5 mm with a 0.6 mm diameter hole dead center of the top surface. Adafruit has built the 4885 breakout board using the SHT40. My question is exactly what are the details for the pick and place machine? Where on the part surface did you pick up the part with the vacuum nozzle? Did the nozzle cover the 0.6 mm diameter hole?

I have already checked Sensirion's part handling document which says that SHT4x is suitable for standard automated assembly equipment. But there is no other detail.

I have already asked Sensirion for some guidance but they are taking a long time to answer, and in fact still haven't answered.

If you have experince with placing this part, can you please share the details?

bcoggs

Re: Automated pick and place for Sensirion SHT4X

Post by bcoggs »

We would use a nozzle > than the diameter of the hole .6mm hole. - [email protected]

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “SMT (Surface Mount Tech)”