Power Trace

Get help and show off your TV-B-Gone kit!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
newuser123

Power Trace

Post by newuser123 »

Bought two kits off Amazon, had issues and messaged, no response. Using the battery wires that come with the kit was a mistake. They are delicate and broke! Had to work on getting the remaining of the wires out of the hole for the power and eventually the ground. The eyelets came out way too easy. So now, I need to wire something in. However, the Eagle files for 1.2 do not show the Power or Ground connected to anything at all. Where do the ground and positive go to?
Attachments
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (101.19 KiB) Viewed 2545 times

mikeysklar

Re: Power Trace

Post by mikeysklar »

https://learn.adafruit.com/tv-b-gone-kit
E2C4056B-D32B-4ED8-BE33-584DC79C4AEA.jpeg
E2C4056B-D32B-4ED8-BE33-584DC79C4AEA.jpeg (137.1 KiB) Viewed 2512 times

newuser123

Post by newuser123 »

Im aware of what it looks like, I have two that I have already assembled. Read back slowly and you will see the fragile wires came out. It caused the eyelets for them to come out. That means I need to wire the power and ground to something directly for this to work.

Typically, you wire the positive to the longer leg of the lighted "green" led in most circumstances. However there is a button next to it as well. I have also read elsewhere the power connects to the Tiny 85.

All I need to know, is where do the power and ground go to besides sticking the wire in a hole. I have a connectivity issue with whatever hidden copper lines are feeding the power and ending the circuit at the ground. The wiring schematic shows the ground and power going into the battery and the switch just all by itself. Im just looking to wire the ground and power to the items leg where i obviously now have some sort of issue due to the eyelets missing from having to deal with the wires.
Attachments
Untitled-4.png
Untitled-4.png (87.53 KiB) Viewed 2507 times

mikeysklar

Post by mikeysklar »

I would try using the nearest Vcc off the green LED and GND off the switch.
tvbgone-alt-bat.png
tvbgone-alt-bat.png (155.92 KiB) Viewed 2482 times

newuser123

Post by newuser123 »

So that works except one issue now. Everything seems to be getting power on a multi-meter except the front 4 leds. It seems they run off the connection to R2, but in the US, we do not use R2. Any thoughts on how two points I can solder to and from to complete the circuit?

mikeysklar

Post by mikeysklar »

I don't have one of these boards to check, but using your multimeter it should be possible find another continuity point on the board between the front LEDs Vcc/GND and various other Vcc/GND locations you can solder into.

adafruit2

Post by adafruit2 »

the front LEDs turn on very quickly when the code runs, so normally they are off

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “TV-B-Gone Kit”