Moodlebox

This is a special forum devoted to educators using Adafruit and Arduino products for teaching.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
Moodlebox1

Moodlebox

Post by Moodlebox1 »

Order # 2847769
I'm brand new to Raspberry pi. My intention is to setup a Moodlebox. https://moodlebox.net/en/ I just yesterday received the order I'd placed. When I placed the order for the Raspberry pi 400, I thought I was ordering a Raspberry pi 4 that was bundled with a separate keyboard, power supply, mouse, and an SD card. I also ordered a case because that wasn't included and it was what I thought I needed, and still think I need.

Now that my order has arrived, I see that the pi 400 is a complete system with all of the components installed within the keyboard. It looks like it will be a nice extra computer but what I really need is Moodle installed on Raspberry pi in a Raspberry pi case. I want to be able to take that case to a classroom anywhere, plug it in with the power supply and then access the Moodle site that I will have installed on it via wifi.

I also hope that as many as 30 students will also be able to access that same Moodle site.

Would it be possible for me to take the components out of the key board and install them all in the case?

Or, should I just order another Rasberry pi and put it in the case? I think this would be the preferred path except I'm wondering how long it will be before another Raspberry pi that I can put in the case is available?

The ultimate goal is to have a complete openly licensed middle school math course loaded onto the Moodlebox so that the curriculum could be made available even where an internet connection and/or an LMS is not available. Here's a post https://medium.com/creative-commons-we- ... b37010cc90 about a version of openly licensed middle school math curriculum that relies on web access. That same curriculum is also available in a version that does not require web access ( I will write a post describing that when I get it successfully running on the Raspberry pi.)
Thanks for any directions you're able to provide.
Dan

Franklin97355

Re: Moodlebox

Post by Franklin97355 »

I'm not sure the pi 400 board has the same form factor as the pi 4 so I would keep it in one piece. One thing that I would recommend is to test the wifi availability first as I know some educational organizations lock down the access to protect the children (and their liability). I know the district I worked for did.

Moodlebox1

Re: Moodlebox

Post by Moodlebox1 »

Thanks, Franklin

I'll take your advice on leaving the 400 pi altogether. One of the big reasons for using a Moodlebox is so that students can access a fully digital LMS curriculum without touching the district's network. Students wouldn't need to access the district's network at all.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “For Educators”