Availability of Meowbit?

Microsoft's MakeCode platform for easy blocks-style programming

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
enajin

Availability of Meowbit?

Post by enajin »

Hello !

I am teaching kids programing - kids who otherwise had no one to introduce them to computers. We have been working with the Scratch and Microbit: some of the children would like to advance to MakeCode Arcade - and for me the Meowbit seems to be an ideal device for this.

However, we live in Europe (Denmark) and it seems to be mostly unavailable everywhere. Is a new version on its way?

Follow-up question: When looking over the MakeCode:Arcade compatible devices they all seem very... "rough" / unpolished / beta-style. Also seems like somewhat lack of QA-standards. Why is that ?

tepalia02

Re: Availability of Meowbit?

Post by tepalia02 »

Have you looked for any official distributor of RS components in Denmark? It is available there: https://uk.rs-online.com/web/p/bbc-micr ... ns/2121788

adafruit_support_mike

Post by adafruit_support_mike »

You can sign up for in-stock notification on the product page.

Beyond that, we don't do ETAs. There are too many sources of delay in the supply chain that we can't control (especially these days with the whole global transport network borked up), and *way* too many people on the internet who think 'estimated' means 'guaranteed'.

enajin

Post by enajin »

enajin wrote:Hello !

I am teaching kids programing - kids who otherwise had no one to introduce them to computers. We have been working with the Scratch and Microbit: some of the children would like to advance to MakeCode Arcade - and for me the Meowbit seems to be an ideal device for this.

However, we live in Europe (Denmark) and it seems to be mostly unavailable everywhere. Is a new version on its way?
https://BANNED/
Follow-up question: When looking over the MakeCode:Arcade compatible devices they all seem very... "rough" / unpolished / beta-style. Also seems like somewhat lack of QA-standards. Why is that ?

issue got solved

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “MakeCode”