Pulse Sensor + UNO + Nextion?

For other supported Arduino products from Adafruit: Shields, accessories, etc.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
CYMotorsport

Pulse Sensor + UNO + Nextion?

Post by CYMotorsport »

Hello,

I have the Pulse Sensor and using an Arduino UNO I'm wondering if it's possible to get the beats per minute and/or the wave to show up on a Nextion? I've been able to successfully display racing simulator data onto a nextion while also powering momentary buttons and LEDs via a gaming device but I can't seem to crack this one. So rather than ask for specifics which I think it's good I work out, I simply am curious is this is even possible? I am stuck on the idea that it should be as a game device axis or on a scrolling curve. But just so long as it displays atleast the BPM but I'd prefer both the curve & axis. I know there's plenty of software available pulse sensor offers so maybe I should abandon and focus on displaying that.

Net, is this possible reading directly from the arduino to the HMI Nextion screen?

Thank you!
Nick

tepalia02

Re: Pulse Sensor + UNO + Nextion?

Post by tepalia02 »

You can get some hints from here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RbPfo8wW74I

CYMotorsport

Re: Pulse Sensor + UNO + Nextion?

Post by CYMotorsport »

Thanks for the response and video! if that's your video, just a heads up you can save yourself mountains of trouble and simply use a 32U4 board. Though that was interesting seeing someone actually do on video the ATMEGA reprogramming work. But the UNO isn't the best option for these.

I actually do work with Nextion & am fairly well versed with the hardware. I've gotten this setup attached with a teensy LC board and similarly trying to display specifically the Pulse Sensor output, if that helps. I ran out of pins on the board. I have a dozen or so options between the Arduino and Adafruit lineups. But I'm just trying to understand is the pulse sensor output able to be displayed on an HMI.
Attachments
IMG_2241.JPG
IMG_2241.JPG (884.87 KiB) Viewed 191 times

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Other Arduino products from Adafruit”