Twilio Anyone got it to work?

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Forum rules
If you're posting code, please make sure your code does not include your Adafruit IO Active Key or WiFi network credentials.
chrisrwebb

Twilio Anyone got it to work?

Post by chrisrwebb »

Hi All,

I am trying to alert via SMS with an Action. I am trying to set up a webhook to send a message via Twilio. When sending the webhook I get a message returned saying

code": 20003, "detail": "Your AccountSid or AuthToken was incorrect.", "message": "Authentication Error - No credentials provided", "more_info": "https://www.twilio.com/docs/errors/20003", "status": 401

I am following the example from datadog site as it seems similar to IO. https://www.datadoghq.com/blog/send-ale ... ks-twilio/

I have confirmed that my Creds are good. However, the endpoint doesn't even seem to think I am sending any.

Anyone got any ideas?

chrisrwebb

Re: Twilio Anyone got it to work?

Post by chrisrwebb »

Just an update on this I tried the datadog example on postman and it worked. Anyone know how IO is posting the data I think it needs to be as form-data.

jwcooper

Post by jwcooper »

Thanks for the follow-up. We may need to add the option to post as form-data. That does look like the difference between IO and DataDog.

chrisrwebb

Post by chrisrwebb »

jwcooper wrote:Thanks for the follow-up. We may need to add the option to post as form-data. That does look like the difference between IO and DataDog.
I think what might be a good idea is to support basic auth in the requests. Allow for the ability to enter credentials to call the webhooks. That would likely allow you to support more services.

jwcooper

Post by jwcooper »

We now have the option to encode the POST as form data when creating a webhook in an action. This may help this specific use case.

Forum rules
If you're posting code, please make sure your code does not include your Adafruit IO Active Key or WiFi network credentials.

Return to “Internet of Things: Adafruit IO and Wippersnapper”