Flora and Pixie

Wearable electronics: boards, conductive materials, and projects from Adafruit!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
Dalts

Flora and Pixie

Post by Dalts »

Hi all, cross-post from the Glowy Things forum to see if anyone here has any ideas of how I can troubleshoot.

I've been trying to follow the tutorials for using a Pixie and have not been able to get mine to light up, either using the strandtest or by using an even simpler test file I wrote.

The Pixie is soldered (badly, this is my first rodeo, please be kind) to a Flora, which is also attached to an MSA311 accelerometer (which is working fine thanks to @Dastels). I was worried that I might have shorted the connections to prior to powering up I checked them with a multimeter - no shorts between the power wires and data wire on the Pixie, plus definite connections between the Pixie and the Flora.

Can anyone help with how I should start troubleshooting? Have I missed something obvious or is it likely I've somehow broken the Pixie and it's now dead? (I have 4 others spare to try with if so). Thanks in advance!
Attachments
IMG_8226.jpg
IMG_8226.jpg (60.13 KiB) Viewed 217 times
IMG_8224.jpg
IMG_8224.jpg (55.71 KiB) Viewed 217 times
IMG_8223.jpg
IMG_8223.jpg (96.72 KiB) Viewed 217 times

dastels

Re: Flora and Pixie

Post by dastels »

It appears that you have the data from the Flora attached the the Pixie's Data-out connection (notice the in and out marked between the power & ground pads).

Dave

Dalts

Post by Dalts »

Thanks Dave,

I'd actually done this on purpose as I thought the guide explicitly called it out, but I will turn it round and see what happens. Probably have misinterpreted the instructions :)

Dalts

Post by Dalts »

Thank you once again Dave.

I don't always try new and complicated electronics projects, but when I do, I completely misunderstand the instructions. Now I have blinded myself several times with 4 Pixies blasting successfully. Also my soldering is getting much neater. :)

dastels

Post by dastels »

Sounds good. Yes, those are especially bright.

Dave

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Wearables”