can't get QT Py ESP32-S3 to connect

adafruit.io wippersnapper BETA support, discussions, and more!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Forum rules
If you're posting code, please make sure your code does not include your Adafruit IO Active Key or WiFi network credentials.
BlitzCityDIY

can't get QT Py ESP32-S3 to connect

Post by BlitzCityDIY »

Hello,

I'm working on the product guide for the QT Py ESP32-S3 and am trying to get the board connected to WipperSnapper. I'm on Windows 10 and am using a good data USB-C cable (purple one from the shop). I'm able to load the UF2 installer onto the board and see the file system.

I'm able to edit the secrets.json so that it matches this:

Code: Select all

{
    "io_username": "YOUR_IO_USERNAME_HERE",
    "io_key": "YOUR_IO_KEY_HERE",
    "network_type_wifi_native": {
      "network_ssid": "YOUR_WIFI_SSID_HERE",
      "network_password": "YOUR_WIFI_PASS_HERE"
    }
}
and that stops the neopixel from blinking yellow, followed by it showing solid yellow. I'm ejecting the drive and then hitting reset once with the WipperSnapper page open in IO, but the neopixel blinks yellow again and then eventually goes solid yellow without anything showing up on the WipperSnapper page. After a while (2 minutes-ish), it seems to eject itself, neopixel flashes purple once, and the cycle begins again. Any help would be appreciated.

BlitzCityDIY

Re: can't get QT Py ESP32-S3 to connect

Post by BlitzCityDIY »

I might be having WiFi issues in general with the board after some further testing with Arduino. Will do some further troubleshooting.

Forum rules
If you're posting code, please make sure your code does not include your Adafruit IO Active Key or WiFi network credentials.

Return to “Adafruit IO Wippersnapper Beta”