MpyError: Incompatible .mpy file

Adafruit's tiny microcontroller platform. Please tell us which board you are using.
For CircuitPython issues, ask in the Adafruit CircuitPython forum.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
OpticsMicroController

MpyError: Incompatible .mpy file

Post by OpticsMicroController »

Hello everyone, I am using the Adafruit Trinket M0 and have been running into this issue of incompatible .mpy files from the library imports. I have tried resetting the trinket many times, used different versions of the library, and even used the exact same files from another trinket that I have but nothing will work. I am unable to control the central LED (dotStar I believe it is called) since none of the imports work. Is there any solution for this or any advice? I am not sure if I am resetting it incorrectly or if it is simply just not working at this point, I feel as though I have tried everything. Thank you for your help in advance I greatly, appreciate your time!

neradoc

Re: MpyError: Incompatible .mpy file

Post by neradoc »

Hi, what version of Circuitpython is running on the board ? Look into boot_out.txt (on both boards, they might not be running the same).
Where did you get the libraries from ? Can you check that you are using the latest version as of today ?

OpticsMicroController

Re: MpyError: Incompatible .mpy file

Post by OpticsMicroController »

Hello, the other board says version 3.1.1 but the board that I am getting the error says 7.3.0 however they were ordered all together so I wonder if this is a mistake or it says 7.3.0 after I tried resetting it many times. I have used that link before to download the 7.x version but that does not work either. I wonder if I should try using the 3.x libraries again?

Edit: I think using the 7.x library actually worked, I was getting an import error but I think I just needed to put more files in my lib folder. This solved it except for one import error, ImportError: no module named 'adafruit_hid.find_device' but I cannot find that in the bundle, other than that, it works. Thank you so much I really, really appreciate it, hopefully this was the only problem.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Trinket ATTiny, Trinket M0”