SokkOS 2.0, beta

Discuss mods, hacks, tweaks, etc.

Moderators: altitude, adafruit_support_bill, adafruit, phono, hamburgers

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
giorgiomoroder

Re: SokkOS 2.0, beta

Post by giorgiomoroder »

has this live midi transpose made it into any released versions of sokkos?

thanks so much for sokkos btw, it is great!

LivePsy

Post by LivePsy »

What's the current status of Sokkos? Is 2.0 the new current version? Is Sokkan intending to do anymore work on this?

bodytwist

Post by bodytwist »

Hello,

i really can not have control working, (i try everything i've seen here - weirdly, it was working great in april/may this year, control find the xoxbox, connect and then, disconnect, i've been able to update sokkos to 2.0 but not working for dumping), so im really interested on dumping the partterns to save them in any memory stick/HDD but i'm a noob with sysex things. what is the best software to use to save pattern banks via sysex with sokkos 2.0 ?

thanks in advance

antto

Post by antto »

meanwhile, you can try BANNED (see my signature)

bodytwist

Post by bodytwist »

Thank you so much. Unfortunatly it can not connect to the x0x, it means but when i open the saved file, the entiere file is empty except "conbox 0.99"... its really weird.

Thanks for your help, though

antto

Post by antto »

i didn't quite understand what you mean

bodytwist

Post by bodytwist »

opps sorry for my bad english...I was meaning after trying to save the patterns with BANNED, and opening the file with wordpad for example, the entiere file was empty, which probably means that the save pattern failed. Actually, i've a "id string" issue. But ok, i've saved my data (pattern) via Safebox. But now, another issue, my xoxbox doesn't respond to midi with sokkos 2.0, im getting really crazy...

edit : ok, i've finally downgrade the os and then get back to 2.0 and it works ! i've finally found a way to update the os, via control, but as control can't save pattern due to some disconnection with the xoxbox, i use safebox to backup pattern and eeprom and it works, its not the easier way, but im happy. Os 2.0 is really nice i love the transpose via midi, the triplet mode too. Thanks for your reactivity.

The change pattern via midi program change need the xoxbox to be on midi channel 1 ? or i've missed something ? it works only on channel 1.. not really a big deal, but all my project on the hardware sequencer send midi data to the xoxbox via midi 2.. i just need to change the midi channel on each of my project.

antto

Post by antto »

okay, just to let you know that with BANNED you can flash firmware and backup/restore patterns
the exported files from BANNED are binary data, not text, so don't trust wordpad, check the file size, it should be around 2kb or more, and if there's an error - BANNED would tell you in the first place
use whatever is comfortable to you
i made BANNED with the purpose to be a stable alternative to c0ntr0l.. if there's a bug i'd like to know so that i can fix it..
let's not fill this thread with offtopic, sorry for that :oops:

xlarge

Post by xlarge »

Sokkan, i need to get in contact with you.

Anyone else who has got sokkans info, please let him know i'm looking for him.

analogaddict

Post by analogaddict »

Jus an info, is edit fast edit mode lost in 2.0?

v1.9 - press the TEMPO knob in edit mode to enter fast edit mode. When you press a note key, rest or change the transposition it will step forward by itself.

v2.0 - Press the TEMPO knob in edit mode to toggle triplet mode. Triplet patterns can be maximum 15 notes long. (A regular pattern of 16 notes will be truncated to 15.)

and... there's a way to come back from triplet when you are in it?

Sokkan

Post by Sokkan »

analogaddict wrote:Jus an info, is edit fast edit mode lost in 2.0?
and... there's a way to come back from triplet when you are in it?
Yes.

It's a toggle, just press it again.

Sokkan

Post by Sokkan »

So, I just picked up on this again, got a bit sidetracked for a couple of years. :-)

The last thing I did in 2011 was to rewrite stuff and I have 282 bytes left for improvements in 2.0 before release.

What i already fixed is this, according to my list from 2011:

* Erase only works when running.
* RAS led lighting up in pattern play.
* MIDI transpose immediately.
* Loop mode bug regarding loop end.

Any suggestions of more bug fixes? Otherwise I will do this:

* MIDI sync bug, off by one. I haven't been able to reproduce this myself yet. Did anyone else here already fix it in an alternative FW?
* Changing tempo always writes to EEPROM. I will try and see if I can reduce the number of writes in a good way.
* RAS in track play strange.
* Feedback for sysex load/receive.
* 8ths in track play.
* Show FW version at startup.
* New special 303 edit mode if there is space left.

resonator

Post by resonator »

Glad you're back, and looking forward to the new release! :)
Sokkan wrote:So, I just picked up on this again, got a bit sidetracked for a couple of years. :-)

The last thing I did in 2011 was to rewrite stuff and I have 282 bytes left for improvements in 2.0 before release.

What i already fixed is this, according to my list from 2011:

* Erase only works when running.
* RAS led lighting up in pattern play.
* MIDI transpose immediately.
* Loop mode bug regarding loop end.

Any suggestions of more bug fixes? Otherwise I will do this:

* MIDI sync bug, off by one. I haven't been able to reproduce this myself yet. Did anyone else here already fix it in an alternative FW?
* Changing tempo always writes to EEPROM. I will try and see if I can reduce the number of writes in a good way.
* RAS in track play strange.
* Feedback for sysex load/receive.
* 8ths in track play.
* Show FW version at startup.
* New special 303 edit mode if there is space left.

Sokkan

Post by Sokkan »

I also found an old post from alex_dubinsky with a MIDI sync bug when starting in pattern edit, I will fix that too.

roxxx303

Post by roxxx303 »

Sokkan wrote: * MIDI sync bug, off by one. I haven't been able to reproduce this myself yet. Did anyone else here already fix it in an alternative FW?
-When I sync to ableton live and record the x0x, the first note has a delay by 46 ms. And I think most of it is my audio-card-latency.
A 16th note offset at 120 BPM would be 125 ms, so the x0x-delay is not a whole 16th note at all!

-Another thing is that the triplet mode is entered by pressing the temp-knob. So in edit-mode the old sokos 1.9. "fast editing-mode" is not available anymore!

-What about Din-Sync-out-shuffle? Any plans to implement this? Would be great for 606 and 303!

cheers for your work on sokos2! It's time for a new OS!
Last edited by roxxx303 on Fri Aug 23, 2013 8:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “x0xm0dz”