TPL5110 operation

For RTC breakouts, etc., use the Other Products from Adafruit forum

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
CKDELAP

TPL5110 operation

Post by CKDELAP »

I set the timer to approximately 60 minutes, made the respective connections leaving the DELAY pin free and ran my code (my code takes between 5 to 8 minutes). I close the circuit, turn on the TPL, the activity is done with the ESP8266 and it sends the HIGH pulse to the DONE pin and the 60 minute delay begins. When the expected time is reached, the TPL does not turn on again and a tick-tock tick-tock begins to sound, but the TPL never turns on again. What is causing this behavior and how could we correct it? I have read that maybe a capacitor between DRV and GND could fix it, what size should it be? Ultimately, the TPL starts fine but when you restart the loop, it's not doing it and it starts this ticking sound that something must be signaling and we don't know what it is. If you could help us, that would be great.

dastels

Re: TPL5110 operation

Post by dastels »

How is the TPL connected to the ESP8266 and what is the code that sets up the pin that connected to DONE?

Dave

CKDELAP

Post by CKDELAP »

Dear Dave,
Thank you very much for your prompt response, we finally solved our problem.

We use the most stable pins for the DONE. In the case of the ESP8266 I mean pin D1 and D2. When using other kids that usually go high when restarting, the esp8266 crashes and apparently blocked the passage of current from the tpl and started the tick tock. By putting DONE on a safe pin, we avoid voltage spikes on esp reset.
Any error that we do not know how to solve, we will contact you here.
Thank you very much.

dastels

Post by dastels »

Excellent!

Dave

bill38

Post by bill38 »

I am having trouble with the TPL5110 breakout module. The TPL5110 is powered by batteries (3x1.5V AA). It is programmed to fire the DRV pin every 110 minutes. The DRV pin is connected to a buck boost converter whose output is 3.3V and powers up an ATMega328P and a temperature sensor. The TPL5110 will not fire up the components but only quickly flash the LED on the TPL5110. I am using the almost identical schematic as shown in the Arduino forum by another user ( https://forum.arduino.cc/t/uno-with-tpl ... ost/651713 ). Like him, I have corrected the problem by inserting a 1N4007 diode between the TPL5110 DRV pin and the buck boost input pin. I am satisfied with this solution but would like to understand WHY this is necessary. Any help from someone would be most welcome.
Thank You

dastels

Post by dastels »

bill38 wrote: Sun Aug 28, 2022 4:37 am I am having trouble with the TPL5110 breakout module. The TPL5110 is powered by batteries (3x1.5V AA). It is programmed to fire the DRV pin every 110 minutes. The DRV pin is connected to a buck boost converter whose output is 3.3V and powers up an ATMega328P and a temperature sensor. The TPL5110 will not fire up the components but only quickly flash the LED on the TPL5110. I am using the almost identical schematic as shown in the Arduino forum by another user ( https://forum.arduino.cc/t/uno-with-tpl ... ost/651713 ). Like him, I have corrected the problem by inserting a 1N4007 diode between the TPL5110 DRV pin and the buck boost input pin. I am satisfied with this solution but would like to understand WHY this is necessary. Any help from someone would be most welcome.
Thank You
Please make this into a new post.

Dave

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Clock Kits (discontinued)”