IO plus usage q.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Forum rules
If you're posting code, please make sure your code does not include your Adafruit IO Active Key or WiFi network credentials.
jimk123

IO plus usage q.

Post by jimk123 »

I currently have 82 feeds running on about 25 adafruit ESP32 boards in various locations (marine vessels, some at home) The update frequency is every 60 seconds that I upload a new data value and every once in awhile I notice the update will fail. I saw on this monitor page it says "rate 60/min and current usage 39/min. If i click refresh I have seen current usage in the 50's and I am wondering am I occasionally exceeding the limit of 60 per min ? Is there a performance counter to show/confirm this or could one be added on the monitor page (max current usage) ?
thanks

Attachments
adafruitIOmonitor.png
adafruitIOmonitor.png (20.35 KiB) Viewed 219 times

brubell
Learn User Page

Re: IO plus usage q.

Post by brubell »

> Is there a performance counter to show/confirm this or could one be added on the monitor page (max current usage) ?

There is not, but it's a good idea that I'll pass on to the rest of the development team. If you are approaching the max. data rate for an IO Plus account, it's also possible to boost the rate to something harder to exceed.

jimk123

Post by jimk123 »

Thanks for the quick reply. Is that something i can do to increase the max updates per minute or does an admin need to do that ?

brubell
Learn User Page

Post by brubell »

jimk123 wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 2:12 pm Thanks for the quick reply. Is that something i can do to increase the max updates per minute or does an admin need to do that ?
You don't need an admin to do this,you may add "data rate boots" to your existing Adafruit IO+ plan by clicking “Change your IO+ plan” on your account billing page (https://io.adafruit.com/billing).

Details - https://io.adafruit.com/blog/notebook/2 ... -upgrades/

jimk123

Post by jimk123 »

Thank you !

Forum rules
If you're posting code, please make sure your code does not include your Adafruit IO Active Key or WiFi network credentials.

Return to “Internet of Things: Adafruit IO and Wippersnapper”