Which is the Best Audio Shield for My Application?

Adafruit Ethernet, Motor, Proto, Wave, Datalogger, GPS Shields - etc!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
steambc

Which is the Best Audio Shield for My Application?

Post by steambc »

Hello All,
I have a vintage coin-op game which consists of a real marionette that the user controls with buttons. I have downloaded his original 9 songs from the Internet, and have EQ'd them pretty nicely. Here's the functionality I need:

1) User inserts dime.
2) A Microswitch triggers the first song to play. At end of that single song, the machine stops completely.
3) Next user inserts a dime.
4) Song #2 plays as user controls the puppet.
5) Next user gets song #3, and so on through all 9 songs

My question is, is there a way for the "Music Maker" shield to play one song, then remember that next time, song 2 will have to play, then song 3, and so on? Of course after 9 plays, it will go back to number 1 and cycle through again.

Is the Music Maker shield the best option for this requirement? Sound quality will be important, and it would be great if the 3 watt output is sufficient for the cabinet speakers, although adding another amplifier is easy so that's not a big issue.

I see I have been very wordy in this message and I apologize for that.

TLDR: Can the Music Maker shield remember which song played last and then play the next sequential song on the next trigger? Does it offer the best sound quality of all the available shields?

Thanks,
Steambc

rooppoorali

Re: Which is the Best Audio Shield for My Application?

Post by rooppoorali »

Once upon a time, I used Music Shield, VS1053B Audio Play/Record by waveshare. Based on the chip as same as music maker. The shield did not have any system to remember the tracks. I just had to manually move an on-board tactile switch to go to the next track.

adafruit_support_bill

Re: Which is the Best Audio Shield for My Application?

Post by adafruit_support_bill »

The Music Maker shield itself can't remember. But there are many ways to do that in your code that runs it.
The simplest way is to just keep track in a variable.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Arduino Shields from Adafruit”