Defective Stickvises

Hand tools, soldering irons, scopes, multimeters. Talk about em HERE!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
phil_347

Defective Stickvises

Post by phil_347 »

Hello,

I ordered 21 Stickvises and 4 of them are defective.

When I fix the movable jaw by tightening the fly nut, the spring loaded jaw doesn't move as freely as a fully functionl one and doesn't have the same movement amplitude either. When the fly nut is loose the jaw springs as you'd expect but when it is thightened, the problem occurs.

I'd like to return the 4 defective vises and get 4 new one.

Order Confirmation No: 2911259-5072771638
date of purchase: August 29th

mikeysklar

Re: Defective Stickvises

Post by mikeysklar »

Thank you for the clear summary. I really like the stickvises, but have not seen this issue with the units I have used.

Please e-mail [email protected] with a link to this forum thread and your order# with the replacement requests.

phil_347

Post by phil_347 »

Iv'e contacted support and they told me to make a post about it on the forums...
Hi!

Thanks for the note! Our colleagues in the engineering and technical support forums will assist you with this type of issue. They are also able to authorize all replacements if necessary.

Please create a post in the appropriate forum here: http://www.adafruit.com/forums/

Here are some tips to help you place your support post:

1) Tell us what product you are asking about, your Adafruit order number, and when you purchased the item.
2) Post clear photos, focused, and detailed pictures of the front and back of the boards, as well as any connections to the board.
3) For software issues, please post the complete text of your IDE's error message. Please use the code tag when posting error message as well as code.
4) If you are having trouble with a code sketch, please post or link to your entire source code. Again, please use the code tag when posting code.
5) If you are building a project from the Learning System, please post a link to the page you are having difficulty with.

For more details about posting on the technical support, check out our Customer
Support Forum video here: http://youtu.be/HnTXXu9Bve0

Thank you,
Adafruit support, Jessie Mae
I guess I'll contact them, again.

Franklin97355

Post by Franklin97355 »

Please do. And don't forget to include the link to this thread.

mikeysklar

Post by mikeysklar »

[email protected] needs to see approval for replacement with the forum thread. That is why they send you here and we send you back once we determine that it is not a problem we can help you troubleshoot any further.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Tools Tools Tools”