Deleted datapoints still visible in charts

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Forum rules
If you're posting code, please make sure your code does not include your Adafruit IO Active Key or WiFi network credentials.
pimoroni

Deleted datapoints still visible in charts

Post by pimoroni »

Ahoy Adafruit pals! I've been working integration between our new Enviro range and Adafruit IO. Love how simple you've made it, it works really nicely on the whole. :-)

One issue I keep coming across though is that if I manually delete a few data points they remain visible in the charts - for example here: https://io.adafruit.com/pimoroni/feeds/ ... st-voltage

I manually cleaned up that spike by deleting the datapoints that caused it - I even deleted extra points before and after to try to get the chart to update but it refuses to refresh properly.

Is there any way to fix this? Sometimes a rogue datapoint can really mess up the chart scale (as in this case) and it's helpful to be able to remove it by hand to fix things.

osterstone

Re: Deleted datapoints still visible in charts

Post by osterstone »

I can see the same issue in my data.

Deleting the data point failes:
Only in the chart, not in the data table
Setting a filter to see only parts of the chart works in my case also: The deleted value disappeared

I deleted the point BEFORE and AFTER the spike value and the spike value in my case disappeared also

pimoroni

Post by pimoroni »

"I deleted the point BEFORE and AFTER the spike value and the spike value in my case disappeared also"

I have seen this happen but with the example I posted I cannot get rid of it even having deleted multiple extra points on either side. :-(

brubell
Learn User Page

Post by brubell »

Hi pimoroni folks - Could you please file this on https://io.adafruit.com/support? Include the name of the account, feeds, dashboards, etc, that you are having issues with so we can look into the account and possibly rebuild the chart(s) from our end.

We'll take this on email from there.

pimoroni

Post by pimoroni »

Ok!

osterstone

Post by osterstone »

I have nothing to Show, because i deleted some extra Points and the issued disapeared. I will send you my Data If and when this happens again
Knut

Forum rules
If you're posting code, please make sure your code does not include your Adafruit IO Active Key or WiFi network credentials.

Return to “Internet of Things: Adafruit IO and Wippersnapper”