Newbie product exists question

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Forum rules
If you're posting code, please make sure your code does not include your Adafruit IO Active Key or WiFi network credentials.
jfharper

Newbie product exists question

Post by jfharper »

Is there a board/module that is wifi and programmable so I can turn manually or time schedule on/off the power to a couple devices plugged into a powerbank? Or something that can get me close?

More detail if interested:
During the night, I need to run a wyze cam v3 (5v) and an IR LED array (12v) from 1-2 powerbanks (no AC power to reach location). I need to run mutiple sets of these cam/IR. I have this going currently. But, I'd like to not have to recharge the batteries everyday removing them, plugging them in, then putting them back an night. My idea would be to solar charge each set. I'm trying to figure the solar req. out currently. Instead of running the cam/IR all night, there maybe certain times to run them, like a couple hours around 9pm and early morning like 4-6am. This would reduce the solar need each day to recharge the batteries. The wifi board I asked about above would turn on/off the cam/IR set. I would need to possible change the hours the sets were on if need be.

Even more detail if interested:
This is all due to the growing population of wild pigs in our area that are rooting 50+ of my 100 pine trees I've planted over the last 10 years. The pigs come in, sometimes at certain times, sometimes they change their schedule. The wyze cam can motion detect and send me a notification via my phone, and I can then deal with them. If someone can offer a suggestion, I would greatly appreciate it.

brubell
Learn User Page

Re: Newbie product exists question

Post by brubell »

You could get a Controllable Four Outlet Power Relay (https://www.adafruit.com/product/2935).

We have a tutorial on how to turn this four outlet power relay on/off with scheduled adafruit io actions here: https://learn.adafruit.com/adafruit-io- ... d-triggers

jfharper

Post by jfharper »

brubell wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 9:52 am You could get a Controllable Four Outlet Power Relay...
Thank you, but I don't have outlet power to the locations. They need to run off powerbanks.

brubell
Learn User Page

Post by brubell »

How do the Wyze cameras plug into the powerbanks?

jfharper

Post by jfharper »

Sorry for the late reply, I'm been a bit busy with these pigs. The cams connect to the 5v on a powerbank via usb. I think I'm wrapping my mind around a solution. Currently I'm messing with some esp01's and 12e's and 32's and some non-wifi rf signal thingys I cannot remember the name of so see if I can create a solution I'm after.

Forum rules
If you're posting code, please make sure your code does not include your Adafruit IO Active Key or WiFi network credentials.

Return to “Internet of Things: Adafruit IO and Wippersnapper”