ESP32 Build Error running from Main Branch

CircuitPython on hardware including Adafruit's boards, and CircuitPython libraries using Blinka on host computers.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
mrburns42

ESP32 Build Error running from Main Branch

Post by mrburns42 »

I can build from the 7.3.3 branch. However, if I checkout the main branch, then it fails immediately when building an ESP32 board. I did the git fetch and git pull. It claims that my GIT repo is up-to-date with main. Yet, I get the error below. If I switch the checkout back to the 7.3.3 branch, then it builds again. The board I am building below is just a demo. What I want to build is a ESP32 plain-jane device. That is not supported in 7.3.3, which is why I was attempting to switch to the main branch. I also tried the 8.0.0-beta tag and got the same result.

make BOARD=lolin_s2_pico
Use make V=1, make V=2 or set BUILD_VERBOSE similarly in your environment to increase build verbosity.
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "../../tools/gen_web_workflow_static.py", line 7, in <module>
import minify_html
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'minify_html'
make: *** [../../supervisor/supervisor.mk:174: build-lolin_s2_pico/autogen_web_workflow_static.c] Error 1

danhalbert

Re: ESP32 Build Error running from Main Branch

Post by danhalbert »

Do `pip3 install --upgrade -r requirements-dev.txt` (after you do `esp-idf/export.sh`). `minify_html` was recently added as a requirement to help support the web workflow.

mrburns42

Re: ESP32 Build Error running from Main Branch

Post by mrburns42 »

Thank you. Running that again got me past the error. I also had to run the install.sh again for the ESP32 tool set. However, that was documented in the error message when the build failed. After those two "re-installs" , a existing board file builds fine for me now. Thanks again.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Adafruit CircuitPython”