NeoTrellis board trouble

Breakout boards, sensors, other Adafruit kits, etc.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
batchmox

NeoTrellis board trouble

Post by batchmox »

I recently purchased four Adafruit NeoTrellis RGB Driver PCB for 4x4 Keypad boards to tile into an 8x8 button matrix. Two of the boards respond to the i2c_address_detect example sketch at the addresses I have assigned via solder jumper, but two of them do not. I am unable to get the non-functioning boards working with NeoTrellis example sketches, individually or when soldered together. Please provide further troubleshooting instructions on the off chance I can resurrect the non-functioning boards, or let me know what information you need from me to send two replacement boards.

batchmox

Re: NeoTrellis board trouble

Post by batchmox »

On a hunch, I tried a full I2C bus scan instead of looking for the bad boards where they were supposed to be, and it returned addresses I wasn't expecting when run on the "bad" boards individually. Using these addresses, I got a NeoTrellis basic example working on both of them.

Even though the address pad soldering looks clean, there must be something too small to see going on. This has been Telling On My Own Sloppy Soldering Via Support Forum Post, please like and subscribe. I'm happy I won't have to wait for replacements.

Franklin97355

Re: NeoTrellis board trouble

Post by Franklin97355 »

OK, I'll "like", and thanks for posting it will help others and does not make you look bad as I have made bad soldering mistakes in the past.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Other Products from Adafruit”